Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone here a Welder and or Panel beater location inside

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Hey Guys,

Abit of an unusual request to what your normally use to. I have my younger brothers old BMX frame here which is made up by a mixture of Alloy and Scandium. It has a crack right down the seat post pole and also a dint right near it, which just needs to be sucked out. We got the frame from over in America where it was made. It cost us around $900 to get it made and shipped over here, but would like it fixed up so we can sell it.

So is there anyone on here that is located in the Hunter/Newcastle/Central Coast and maybe some Sydney areas(Depending on your location) that would like some weekend work and earn abit of extra $$$ along the way? Let me know.

Cheers

Mumbo

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Bump... Anyone?

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Hey, not going to be much help to you, but I thought i'd post to let you know that I've read your posts...

Would like to help out, as I am up on the Central Coast, and can do 'some' welding, although not alloys or aluminiums - unfortunately...

Mainly only experienced with mild steel doors and stuff, and some stainless - exhausts...

So unfortunately , unable to help out, but good luck with finding someone - there should be someone out there with the appropriate skills, willing to lend a hand,

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
goto a welding/fab/engineering shop. they should do it for an orange colour note

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Yeah been around to a few, dropped it off for over a week and they guy hadn't even touched it. It looks like nothing more then a 10min job TOPS. Another guy i went to wanted $100 to do it. I should probably take some photos of the damage if that would help me anymore i wonder.

Cheers guys

Mumbo

Steery

AA 554 G
Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR SS M5
If you are thinking of actually selling that frame to someone that rides then your an arse.

Frames are never the same once cracked, to someone that rides hard or well that frame will break very quickly, easily and nastily.

And they will probably end up with a fairly major injury.

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
If you are thinking of actually selling that frame to someone that rides then your an arse.

Frames are never the same once cracked, to someone that rides hard or well that frame will break very quickly, easily and nastily.

im sure if sumone buys it they can tell. surely you have not sold sumthing thats been repaired ?

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

Pretty much what I thought when I read this post. Bit of a low thing to do to someone.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6

Mate my family had been doing BMX for over 10 years. We know our frames and what they are made of and how strong they are. My younger brother made his own Carbon fibre frame out of a Form box. Its strong as anything. Don't judge someone unless you really know them!!! If the frame is re-welded it wont be a problem and be just as strong as before. Don't you call me a bloody ass again. Watch what you say!

Let me put it this way...******** IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY OF THE ABOVE SERVICES TO OFFER, DON'T BOTHER REPLYING!!!!********

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Call me an ass again and I will personally come down there and show you what an ass can do. Watch what you say!

Threats to members not tolerated. Maybe you should edit your words :)