Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Checking Electric Fence with Multimeter..

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
hey guys, im just wondering if i can check the electric fence voltage current with my multimeter?...if so.. wat setting should i go for?..

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
voltage is approx 5000volts depending on length of run, transformer etc. so no. you can get electric fence voltage and fault finder but prob a bit pricey just to check it once off...

edit: haha yeah, just touch it, but make sure your not holding onto a steel at the same time haha.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Get sum mates over, have sum drinks by a fire near the fence, sumone will let uno how much bite she got. Sumone gotta take a leak on it, if u dont tell them....LOL

sycvs

commo for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
just touch it i work on a farm and they dont hurt that much u will feel it for about 1 sec but dont hurt

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
haha righto, i'll touch it.. ive touched it before and it was pretty good (big shock)

but cows got IN our property the other day and the fence was earthing out somewhere... but we've fixed it now, but interested to see how much more voltage it's got (being a pretty good earth now).. thanks anyway guys

TR33VV

Hummer and a chicken feed
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II LS3+TURBO
Hi mate, I'm happy to help here if I can... :cool:

The 'best' way to do it would be as follows;

Firstly you will need to stand approximately 600mm away from the fence in question with your Multimeter or similar voltage measuring device in hand, switch your device on and set it to DCV 500v, make sure the RED probe is plugged into VΩmA and BLACK to COM on the device, now carefully place the positive (RED +) probe on your left testicle and the negative (BLACK - com) probe on your or a friends (but that could be awkward if your friend is a guy) right testicle (take extra care not to reverse the polarity as it could result in an unfortunate injury) noW all yOu Need To do is BrEifly urinAte on the exposed wire run for a PRETTY accurate inDICation of voltage gained.
Oh hang on.... Did I say 'best' ?!?! My bad... I meant funniest, funniest... Sorry for the confusion there. :eek::rofl::whistling

Oh I need sleep lol.....:yeah:

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Hi mate, I'm happy to help here if I can... :cool:

The 'best' way to do it would be as follows;

Firstly you will need to stand approximately 600mm away from the fence in question with your Multimeter or similar voltage measuring device in hand, switch your device on and set it to DCV 500v, make sure the RED probe is plugged into VΩmA and BLACK to COM on the device, now carefully place the positive (RED +) probe on your left testicle and the negative (BLACK - com) probe on your or a friends (but that could be awkward if your friend is a guy) right testicle (take extra care not to reverse the polarity as it could result in an unfortunate injury) noW all yOu Need To do is BrEifly urinAte on the exposed wire run for a PRETTY accurate inDICation of voltage gained.
Oh hang on.... Did I say 'best' ?!?! My bad... I meant funniest, funniest... Sorry for the confusion there. :eek::rofl::whistling

Oh I need sleep lol.....:yeah:

Lol wtf? most randomest post ever hahaa :thumbsup: