Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Creole Creme, Are You Offended?

Toddlez

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Acclaim
Im Sorry but I cant be the only one who thinks that pollitical correctness is really getting beyond a joke. For those of you who didnt watch Today Tonight, The Coles brand biscuit "Creole Creme" has ben labeled offensive due to the origins and definition of the word "Creole"

With only one complaint in the three year shelf life of the product Coles is changing the name and packaging. They also had a go at Redskins, Coon cheese and some eskimo snack. Im sure we all still remember the world labeling us as racists due to the Hey Hey skit, which I personally think was another case of political correctness gone mad. I for one am Getting tired of all this political correctness, whats your opinion?

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
As you said, beyond a joke. People complain for the hell of it these days. Life was a lot more simpler 10+ years ago. And i don't even know what creola is anyway so who cares!

Toddlez

Reaction score
Members Ride
Creole Is a term for people of American/Eurpoean decent if I remember correctly. According to sam Watson, his interpretation is "The word Creole comes from a period when people's humanity was measured by the amount of white blood they had in their bloodstream. This is the same kind of thought that underpinned horrific regimes like the Nazis" Slightly over reactive

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
WTF does Creole mean?

The world is turning to **** anyway, this doesn't surprise me

Creole was a term widly used in the 16th and 17th century in America and originally referred to locally born people with foreign ancestry. Was used in places like New Orleans and what not when the French settled there and second generations were known as Creoles.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
i thought the definition of a Creole was a language that originally was a pigin (a language that is a mix of 2 languages, usually occuring in trade between people that do not have the same language that need a way to communicate, usually happened in the old times) that quickly gained complexity and was picked up by young children and then used in most social settings...

i didnt know of any other meanings, so i think its over the top. i do not find that offensive.

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
YES i am highly Offended and it is a absolute outrages name the creature should be banished to hell as should any one person using this profanity of a word.

Toddlez

Reaction score
Members Ride
YES i am highly Offended and it is a absolute outrages name the creature should be banished to hell as should any one person using this profanity of a word.

Calm Down, Its gonna be alrite

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
i thought the definition of a Creole was a language that originally was a pigin (a language that is a mix of 2 languages, usually occuring in trade between people that do not have the same language that need a way to communicate, usually happened in the old times) that quickly gained complexity and was picked up by young children and then used in most social settings...

i didnt know of any other meanings, so i think its over the top. i do not find that offensive.

Yeah eventually the people of Louisiana (and I'm sure other places) made their own language. Like a colloquial language, it was a mix of African and French in Louisiana. This whole thing is just someone's interpretation gone over the top. Its not a racist term, no more than calling someone a migrant is racist because that is what this term basically is. Some people have stretched the meaning of racism so far its not funny.