Page 126 of 730 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226626 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 7298
Like Tree2089Likes

Thread: JC Political Thread - For all things political Part 2

minux is offline Infidel Bear
    Ride
    300rwkw FG G6ET/Specialized Tarmac SL4
    Mini Putt 2 Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis63 View Post
    Ha ha, your priceless. The self appointed Liberal media officer who posts every salacious little titbit he can find that condemns the Labor government as gospel but totally dismisses anything negative about his pin up boy as out of context. I’m sorry to upset your world of black and white but I have 0 regard for the current government.
    I condem liberals just as much when it is warranted. Currently liberals are in OPPOSITION and as such are not running the country, why on earth would I post anything about them? As for TA being a pinup boy, hardly, it is just refreshing to have someone who does not talk shit and is honest. Sadly the meeja think this is a bad thing.

Anyway back to my "media" duties...lol, very funny.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
    - Theodor Seuss Geisel

Ride
    WL Caprice

If you want to know who gives the rough end of the pineapple, the governing party really do very little in my experience. The public "servants" are the ones who assist with the formulation of policy, allocation of and spending of budget. Objections from opposition are then the major backflips once the governing party changes.

It generally takes 12 months, but the advisors for the ministers take the advice of the departmental heads who were the ones who formed the previously failed policies.

If you don't like it, get an irrelevant degree, move to Canberra and get a job in the department you despise. Once there, rise to the top of the area of choice so you can formulate the required policy.

Welcome to democracy - the minorities and non-elected determine your future (slightly better than a dictator, we can whinge about it).

Ride
    Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    You said there was "a lot" and the inference was that it was widespread. You even re-affirmed it again in your post as quoted below! FFS stop back peddling.
    I believe it happened and there was little anyone could do about it despite the promises of the government. You dismiss that as “Rubbish” and claimed the ACCC and media “ held business to account very well” There is no more evidence to support that than there is to support my view.
    There was no end of study of how to calculate what the cost impact of the GST should have been. It's really not all that difficult to work out on an item by item basis. The report concluded in the vast majority of cases reality after the introduction matched what was expected. Your claim of "a lot" of companies not passing on any savings etc just isn't the case. Your assurances of "I am sure" just aren't supported by any credible evidence what so ever. The ACCC found around $21mill of overcharging over god knows how many $billion in transactions.
    With respect the ACCC report is a report by them telling government what a good job it had done. Many of the cases investigated were, as I said, related to using the GST to coerce people to buy goods on the premise they would be dearer later. Not cases where prices did not fall in line with the reduction of some wholesale taxes. As I said not only would those case be hard to monitor but are basically outside of the brief as it is a free market where (other than regulated prices) the seller can add whatever margin and get away with it if the market supports it. And the post GST confusion was a prime time for exploitation. The promises of the government that these things could not happen were unsupportable in reality.
    Seriously I don’t think this is one of the worst aspects of the GST. It was just another undesirable one.

Ride

Quote Originally Posted by minux View Post
    it is just refreshing to have someone who does not talk shit and is honest.
    Hes not honest. Even he said so.

Reaper is offline Tells it like it is.
    Ride
    VZ LX8 Adventra, VP SS

I believe it happened and there was little anyone could do about it despite the promises of the government. You dismiss that as “Rubbish” and claimed the ACCC and media “ held business to account very well” There is no more evidence to support that than there is to support my view.

With respect the ACCC report is a report by them telling government what a good job it had done. Many of the cases investigated were, as I said, related to using the GST to coerce people to buy goods on the premise they would be dearer later. Not cases where prices did not fall in line with the reduction of some wholesale taxes. As I said not only would those case be hard to monitor but are basically outside of the brief as it is a free market where (other than regulated prices) the seller can add whatever margin and get away with it if the market supports it.
    ROFL - "You think so" outweighs comprehensive price surveys collecting hundreds of thousands (if not millions?) of prices, plus the raw data of complaints, investigations, undertakings and court actions by the responsible body.

And the post GST confusion was a prime time for exploitation. The promises of the government that these things could not happen were unsupportable in reality.
    Seriously I don’t think this is one of the worst aspects of the GST. It was just another undesirable one.
    I don't remember anybody claiming there would be no confusion. Running my own consultancy at the time, I do remember a massive education campaign. Overall it was good but as with anything there were aspects that could be improved. From my experience the biggest issue business faced was getting used to the new BAS reporting system. The ATO was pretty good at the time extending the deadlines and working with business for the first year or so to assist in getting it right. Since then it has been streamlined further (from what I understand) for some small businesses).

The current business I manage employs around 20 people and it takes only a few min each month to complete the BAS statement. It's one of my less onerous tasks. One area that could be improved is the ATO's "auskey" authentication system. Having just upgraded my computer, registering for and implementing new certificates is a real bugger of a job. Once it's installed it takes a little to get used to the ECI Client but overall it's fine.

BTW - other than Liberal incumbents, which others have you voted against????

Reaper

Reapers 300rwkw Daily Work Hack

Reapers Black VP SS

Quote Originally Posted by skruba View Post
    practice makes perfect dude i was (still am) my bros guinea pig,he has been tattooing for near 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by DAKSTER View Post
    Reaper is right

Ride
    Mini Putt 2 Champion!

Hes not honest. Even he said so.
    Really? When was this said, would be happy to listen to him make this statement where he said "I am not honest".
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
    - Theodor Seuss Geisel

Rufys is offline Banned
    Ride
    VE Series II Calais Sportwagon

I condem liberals just as much when it is warranted. Currently liberals are in OPPOSITION and as such are not running the country
    Just to clarify...

Liberals are currently in government and conservatives are in opposition. It is confusing and most people don't understand it but the ALP are liberal, and The Nationals and Liberal Party are conservative. The Liberal Party as a name really makes no sense.

So when you "condemn liberals" you are condemning the ALP. When you "condemn the Liberal Party" you are condemning conservatives.

Ride
    Mini Putt 2 Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Rufys View Post
    Just to clarify...

Liberals are currently in government and conservatives are in opposition. It is confusing and most people don't understand it but the ALP are liberal, and The Nationals and Liberal Party are conservative. The Liberal Party as a name really makes no sense.

So when you "condemn liberals" you are condemning the ALP. When you "condemn the Liberal Party" you are condemning conservatives.
    Yes I do understand that, however, in Australian politics when you speak Liberal people know you are talking about the LNP, unless of course you are an american aussie
    - Theodor Seuss Geisel

Ride

ROFL - "You think so" outweighs comprehensive price surveys collecting hundreds of thousands (if not millions?) of prices, plus the raw data of complaints, investigations, undertakings and court actions by the responsible body.
    Do you actually read any of what I write or just a couple of words and jump into a reply?

BTW - other than Liberal incumbents, which others have you voted against????

Reaper
    State Labor in my electorate. Why?

Ride

Really? When was this said, would be happy to listen to him make this statement where he said "I am not honest".
    Oh come now. It’s been done to death. You know the comments I’m talking about. Ignoring them won’t make them go away. To be fair, it was a paradoxically honest admission about not always telling the complete truth.