Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Carbon Tax a Con

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
from another forum.

Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland, since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet – all of you.

Of course you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress – it’s that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow, and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans, and all animal life.

I know, it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of: driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kid's "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50 cents light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs...well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days. The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes - FOUR DAYS ONLY by that volcano in Iceland, has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud any one time - EVERY DAY. I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in its entire YEARS on earth. Yes folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over one year – think about it. Of course I shouldn't spoil this touchy-feely tree-hugging moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keep happening, despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change. And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.

Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you on the basis of the bogus “human-caused” climate change scenario.
Hey, isn’t it interesting how they don’t mention “Global Warming” any more, but just “Climate Change” - you know why? It’s because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century and these global warming bull artists got caught with their pants down. and just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading Scheme – that whopping new tax – imposed on you, that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer. It won’t stop any volcanoes from erupting, that’s for sure.

But hey, relax, give the world a hug and have a nice day!

PS: I wonder if Iceland is buying carbon offsets?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Every time I head some politician say that middle to low income families will be better off I keep thinking (besides bullshit) that its just a take from the rich to give to the poor tax.

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
considering ive never made an effort, and infact used more and more, wouldnt be too hard for that volcano yo negate my efftorts

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Wagon, E36 318is Coupe
Can't wait to see my Manage Environmental Practices teacher's face when I reproduce this story to her in front of the whole class.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
I read an article that states the world would negate any decrease in Australia's carbon ouput in 5 hours.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I will just post this:

HADCRUT adjusted global mean

1850 to 2011 +0.72C or +0.045C/Dec
1900 to 2011 +0.8C or +0.072/Dec
1950 to 2011 +0.68C or +0.11C/Dec
1981 to 2011 +0.48C or +0.16C/Dec
1991 to 2011 +0.33C or +0.165C/Dec
2001 to 2011 -0.86C or -0.86C/Dec

/thread.

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
it doesnt matter how much money we spend on carbon tax, its still not going to stop the effect on climate change

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
The dishonesty behind this tax just never ends. Even their advertising is inherently dishonest. Take the factory depicted below. They couldn't find anything in Australia that could visually depict the lie so they chose to include a factory from the UK that was shuttered in the early 1980's! There would be something to argue if it was going to produce a measurable benefit to the world but it simply doesn't. what so ever.

176345-michael-caton.jpg

By contrast here is a contemporary Australian power station:

4bozloy_yang,0.jpg

Note that the "smoke" coming from the fat smoke stacks is nothing more than steam. The tall skinny chimneys are where all the pollution comes from. Interesting how reality is *very* different to govco advertising. The coal is ground into a powder and injected into the furnaces. It's burned at such a high temperature and the burn is virtually complete. On occasion visible smoke can be seen from the chimneys and it is nearly always steam. I have personally visited every coal fired power station on the east cost of Australia (most of them on many times) and have *never* seen a situation depicted in that add.

Reaper

Thesickness86

Thesickness86
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve ute
1 way or another the government was find a way to tax the air we breathe.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Do I have to pay a carbon tax when I drop my guts?