Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Revenue & Vandalism of Fixed speed Cameras

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
It has me stumped why people keep trying to attack the cameras when they try to stop them working all they need to do is destroy the less secured computer hardware in the control box near the camera which is normally not in view of the camera.
<disclaimer> Not that I publically endorse such behavious </disclaimer>

Its a pretty interesting article in the Telegraph
http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,20281,16939912-5001022,00.html

luvmycommodore

Mum's Taxi *sigh*
Reaction score
Website
ucw.com.au
Members Ride
'02 VXII Acclaim Wagon
Where streets are paved with gold

FIXED speed camera sites, fines issued and total revenue for 2004-05
1. MOSMAN, Macpherson St: 24,243, $2,979,935
2. DARLINGHURST, Eastern Distributor: 17,777, $2,394,989
3. GWYNNEVILLE, Southern Freeway: 15,864, $2,211,353
4. KOGARAH, Princes Highway: 16,367, $2,141,113
5. KOGARAH, Princes Highway: 15,160, $2,106,555
6. EPPING, Carlingford Rd: 14,726, $1,878,901
.... etc
It's got to be said - these are fixed cameras - there all the time... in NSW there are signs before them.... stop speeding past cameras and there will be no more fines. It's as easy as that.

As for the vandalism... the fine for the speeding would no doubt be cheaper than the fines for destroying public property - go figure?

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
I heard an interesting story on the radio the other night. Some bloke lived around the local area and allways knew that the cops hid behind this one tree on a strech of road (he didnt say where) he was driving home one night and out of the corner of his eye he saw some guy hacking at the tree with an axe.. lol, why kill the cameras when you can get rid of where they hide :rofl:

R

rattattack1313

Poor innocent tree.... :supersad: .my son & I do a bit of part-time work for a large South Briz Lawnmowing Service......and we get lots of requests to trim trees/bushes back, so the tenants don't freak out(probably having a session !!loool) at the cops outside their houses......we usually do a "tentative" trim...especially the time the cops were parked there and we had to trim the bushes !!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
hahahaha, nice work rat. good to see your keeping the buggers on there toes ;)

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Sorry if this is off-topic but l'm all FOR fixed speed camera's as they are often in required locations (eg school zones).. l am however against cops hiding and grabing people with no notice.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
i personally think that people who vandalise and break these speed cameras are making it worse for everyone else. it will end up coming out of our pockets at one point or another ....either from cops going on a booking rampage(happens alot in the riverland) or for more road taxes every year.

people who destroy these things are obviously in the wrong because thjey shouldnt of been speeding in the first place.

commoVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT
i like to see a speed camera damaged, not that i myself would do it. but i think the only reason that they do actually destroy the cameras to such extent is because it shows a lot more anger toward the camera. i think if i were to destroy a speed camera, i wouldn't be satisfied by just cutting a wire..... but thats just my opinion

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
3a72d0f82e4ee5afcd89c33c6b475fdf_resized.jpg

In all seriousness - if you're speeding and can't spot a fixed speed camera - you're not observant enough to be speeding in the first place.