Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driving Songs

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
Was listening to the radio on my way home from work. In W.A the best radio station (my opinion) is 96.Fm, anyway they where playing Pink Floyds Learning to Fly. And you must admit even if your not a floyd fan that song has the petential to wake even the most comertoast of drivers, anywho when the song finished i found my self doing 140 clicks on Tonkin Hwy. Now it wasnt the speed that was the problem more the song to follow. i cant remember exactly what it was but it was some new pop single with computer noises and no doubt a video clip with half naked women. any way my point is i was interested to know what songs trigger your inner hoon, what songs make you sing like a mental patient at the traffic lights causing the person next to you to frown with a half smile on there face because deep down they wish they could get as loose to Quet riot's "comon feel the noise' just as much as you are.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
im not much of a rock fan but i have always liked "more than you are" by grinspoon....keeps me sane on long trips haha

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
doesnt have to be rock, Elton Johns Tiny Dancer has brought some atention to my car in the past i can asure you, lol

semmi

Reaction score
anything by Nirvana does it for me! but you're right - it doesn't have to be heavy, i also get carried away when i hear the "ghostbusters" theme song (kill me now!! :embarrass )

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
When we used to drive lights and bells to the burn tape! The colection of ur favourite burn songs- ACDC, Angels, The Cult.

For Chapel Street in the Truck we had some hip hop and doof doof.

Something about the speakers in a Big 6.5LTurbo V8 Diesel GMC Ambualnce that works!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Anything by dire straits for me

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
My mother is a clasical fan. I borrowed her little toyota once. She had left a cd in the player of Wagner "The ride of the valkarie". For some reason the right foot gained weight. Not much happended being a toyota, but I know of what you speak.

Mike

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
If you've seen an Ambulance hitting Swanston street with ride of the Valkyries you HAVE seen everything. That smell, that gasolibne smell- nothing else in the world smells like it....

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
VT29C1: You should play "don't fear the reaper"

Mike

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Argh music I would settle for just about anything at the moment.We recently bought a vr calais for a runaround while the vt has been off road getting blower fitted. Anyway the radio is buggered, will only pick up am frequency or play tapes. Don't have any tapes... does anyone these days?? Anyway for the last few weeks I have been subjected to talkback radio. It drives me nuts, when I am driving I just turn it off but hubby can't stand silence and would rather listen to alan jones than silence. Gotta hurry up and buy a new stereo 4 this thing, it seems like its been so long I can't even remember what songs I used to like driving to!