Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any fishermen (or women) out there? Be annoyed...

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
How's this for a nice little line of evil propoganda I was put onto by a friend. It is a genuine website, run by those idiots at PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), you know, those kooks who don't think Australia should have a sheep industry, cattle industry, we shouldn't eat meat, eggs, or dairy, wear leather, souldn't have guide dogs, you know, the lot... :b:

Open and have a look at the .pdf file they have on thier main page, and shake your head...then imagine them handing it out to your kids...
It's called "Your Daddy Kills Animals!!". (to which, when I showed my kids, they shrugged and said "Bloody oath he does...kills fish, hunts, eats meat, wears leather motobike bike gear, you name it..." :D )
www.fishinghurts.com/feat-newcomic.asp

I love the last line of the comic, telling kids that "Until your daddy learns that it's not "fun" to kill, keep your doggies and kitties away from him. He's so hooked on killing defenseless animals that they could be next!"

Are these people nucking futs or what.....? :b:

Of course, there is also the nice little line of brainwashing at http://www.petakids.com/fish-corner.html

"Fish can talk, feel pain, and use tools".....? :D Looking at the "evil daddy" on the front cover of the comic, I also can't really remember the last time I wore a three piece suit and tie to clean fish I've caught...:confused: :D
Talk about preying on young minds....

Of course, here is the organisation I personally support. (got this sent to me by the same friend.. :D )
peta.jpg

Last edited:

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
just the home pages is scary enough. i think my browser just pissed itself. :p

no thanks, and i think guide dogs are ethiclly treated

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
Im pretty sure that if i had kids and someone handed them that, the person handing out the leaflets would get my fist to there head. the way they present it is traumatic enough for a small child. if these animal liberation groups want to be heard, this is not the way to go about it.

I have no problem with peoples different views on life and there own beliefs, but as soon as they start trying to force there views onto me or impresionable children through poorly written and dramaticaly drawn cartoons, its time they had a look at themselves. i wouldnt take that well.

Last edited:

MarzVP

I now own a TARAGO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Tarago
I think I wwould agree with you Vinnywelsh i don't think I would be too happy if that was given to my children especially without my consent!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
lol love the headlines "Fish are smart" mmm so smart they rip food off hooks... pleassse

Shortsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Pack Ute
vinnywelsh said:
if these enviromental groups want to be heard, this is not the way to go about it.
vinnywelsh.... im not a fan of PETA (not by a long shot) but please be a bit more careful in calling PETA an "environmental group" I am professionally employed as an Ecologist, and so work on studying and preserving the environment we are surrounded by. I am in effect...a professional greenie, and am a member of a number of environmental groups, and yet, i still fish, and hunt, and eat red meat, and drink beer :p
PETA are an "animal liberation group", not an environmental group. I would hate to think what i did tarrs me with the same brush PETA are tarred with :whistling

Cheers....Shortsta

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
AHHAHAHA this **** is hilarious!!! KFC=killing friendly chickens
and i love "if it doesnt bark or purr, its food"

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Here's something I just couldn't resist writing last night...sometimes these sort of things just pop into my head...if only I had had time to do some artwork to go with it... :p
===========================================
Your mummy kills vegetables!!!

Some misguided scientists say that no-one knows for sure if veges feel pain, but there have been definite studies that show electrical changes in plants which are cut while still growing. Our class-leading researchers interpret this as evidence of pain. We can say this because we are using the same firm scientific methodoligy as we used to claim fish feel pain in our popular “You daddy kills animals” anti-fishing pamphlet…umm…even though we actually know fish aren’t actually “animals”…they’re fish.
Plants grow in the bright sunshine, happily converting bad C02 produced from your daddies filthy polluting car, as well as being the same diabolical gas which is breathed out every second of every day by 6 billion rapacious, resource consuming human beings around the world…erm…except PETA members, who only breath out as little as possible to reduce this dangerous greenhouse gas...we also fart as little as possible to stop methane emissions...the worst greenhouse gas of all! ...erm...again ignoring the fact that countless hundreds of millions of herbivores and ruminant animals such as sheep and cattle "release" more methane than any of man's industries...just trust us...there is to such a thing as global warming!

So, back to the main point... Mr Plant is sitting there happily, converting C02 into food so he can grow grow grow, and prepare his seeds and flowers to make more happy little plants. Then along comes an evil human to either slice him off at the ground, dig him up out of his nice warm home in the embrace of Mother Earth, or rip him off his vine-with-a-view. They then cruelly stuff him in a bag, take him away forever from his friends and family, and process him and force him against his will into a bag, tin, or package, or even freeze dry him…Brrr!!!
How would you like this to happen to you!?

Until your mummy learns it isn’t fun to kill innocent plants, keep your pretty flowers away from her, because once she gets the blood-lust…(erm…”sap lust” I suppose would be more accurate)…who knows, they might be next!!!!

=========================================

Lord forgive me, I just couldn't resist... :D

And yes, Shortsta is absolutely right...the most committed and serious "environmentalists" are in fact fisherman and hunters...we don't want to see the environment ruined, we actively campaign to remove noxious and feral species such as goats, feral cats and dogs, pigs, and Tilapia (Carp) which destroy the ecosystems. The important point is that we don't only push for thier removal, we actually do something about it. I bet you don't see any "TV greenies" wandering about the thick scrub with a 30-30 (mmmm....Winchester... :D ) and taking out as many feral pigs as is possible to stop degredation of wetlands and sensitive riverbanks. :thumbsup:

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
i like steak.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
That's disgraceful what they're doing, worse than those mobile phone companies like jamster trying to target young easily influenced people..

I say we do something about them, is there some sort of anti PETA movement? lol

I also like steak