Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help dead rat under floor boards!!!

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
We found out a rat was living in our house and we proceded to get rid of it... well it was stealing my apples of my dining table and shitting all over the house so It was time to go. We knew it was a rat cause it would eat half an apple a night and leave big rat sized doppings.

now we tried using rat traps but the sneaky rat kept taking the bait and not setting the trap off somehow. So after a few days we went with the poison option.

It done the trick and we woke up to a smelly kitchen this morning. after ripping the whole kitchen apart not finding the smell we noticed there was a hole going under the floor boards right in a corner under the built ins. (bout the size of a 50 cent piece)

now how can we stop this unbearable smell.. can we just block the hole with somthing or is there somthing that we can drop down there to stop the smell??

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
jack.mcintyre said:
try the google links at the bottom of the page?

haha, that is awesome

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
get used to it buddy unless youwnna rip the floor boards up.. Should go away in a few days.. well thats if you used rat sack cause that stuff has stuff in it that eats the rat away bones and all.

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
what are you guys talking about, i think is is a nice smell!!! haha just jokes, i had that same smell in my room, so i opened the windows fully open and turned the roof air con on high!! it did the trick in just 2 days!!

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
itll only last a week or so. but could breed other nasties. spray a shitload of pineoclean or something down there to kill the crap. will help with the smell as well.

Bastard rat got the last laugh hey.

F

Frd_thmsn

Glad you got the bugger, I,m in a rural area and during grain season, we can get overurn with mice and rats.
When they're really bad we make up suicide buckets for the varmints where they try to get the bait over a bucket of water, a lot of times I,ve caught 20 or 30 in one bucket.

But that stink is so bloody awful, ( I guess this post won't make it to British search engines, because the Poms don't like that word).

I've made sure my house has no holes or gaps anywhere so they can't get inside, think I've got it beat this year.

Even worse smell, my dogs caught a large goanna , and had taken it under the house , a couple of weeks later we wondered what the smell was, and I had to crawl under the house dragging this maggot infested dripping carcass out, maggots falling off , I can tell you I gagged a bit with that one :).

Hot-Rod

SuPaFlY -LiV3 Surviv3 Di3
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
Aww now now , better hope someone doesn't dob u into greenpeace for rodent cruelty. Haha jokes. This warmer weather brings them out into floors and ceilings.

Outlaw Torn

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 FORD EA Falcon (So sue me)
Hot-Rod said:
Aww now now , better hope someone doesn't dob u into greenpeace for rodent cruelty. Haha jokes. This warmer weather brings them out into floors and ceilings.

Tell me about it, ive run out of air rifle slugs, the little bstrds just line up to get in. Good target practice, they dodge REALLY fast.

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
little tiny geckos can be pretty potent too. 10cm long but stink out half a house.