Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mobile phone

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
I've just gone through two Nokia 7650's, damn I loved that brick of a phone. I borrowed my mums tiny little phone for 2 days and I lost it..

I can't stand tiny little phones, I need a big chunky thing.. Does anyone else feel weird talking into a matchbox? It's the technological equivalent of a smart car..

But I now need a new phone and I'm probably gonna buy it second hand cuz I'm strapped for cash..

Does anyone have any recommendation? I wouldn't mind one of those tough as nails builders, tradey phones.. As far as I'm concerned, the bigger the better.. Provided it fits in my pocket..

Any suggestions?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
i got a SE Z1010. its a 3G flip phone and its a bit of a brick. dropped it a few times on concrete and all it got was a few scratches. full of features too, except the camera is absolute shite

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
get your hands on a nokia 6610 or similar....i think it is the model after actually that was blue and had a protective outer casing, tradies phone, anyway, they about $160 or something good second hand and they work alright. THey have cameras and are colour...not a bad phone. You wanna go awsome phone, get a samsung d600....i like mine! :)

aZk.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
u can buy my 6600 if u want, its a brick, i want to get a windows fone.

cunners3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VSII Wagon
i have the 6600 nice big phone with heaps of features and pretty tough too.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
hakhawk said:
u can buy my 6600 if u want, its a brick, i want to get a windows fone.

How much are ya askin?

Tell him he's dreamin..

The 6600 seems pretty good.. Can the blue tooth be used with a wireless headset?

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
if the phone has bluetooth than it can be used with any bluetooth device so long as software is accepted, see back of packet for details...ie phone has driver, device works, just like a puter..good luck mate!

aZk.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
not sure if it can be used with wireless headset, havent tried. dunno how much i want for it, will get another fone first. one thing tho, it is dropping reception randomly and wont pick back up without me making it. i gotta take it apart and check it.

knowing me i probably wont sell it if i fix it though. i have a habit of keeping my fones.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
azkwazere said:
if the phone has bluetooth than it can be used with any bluetooth device so long as software is accepted, see back of packet for details...ie phone has driver, device works, just like a puter..good luck mate!

aZk.
I had 2 7650's with blue tooth, they were star trek when I bought the first one.. Paid close to a grand for it.. Damn I was stupid..

That phone's bluetooth, but it's not compatible with a headset. Only compatible with bluetooth computer receivers..

Or has technology progressed heaps since then?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
the 6600 was released not too far away from the 7650, 7650 was like first with bluetooth, or damn close, so the tech was pretty basic.