I am applying for a new job and this is my selection criteria I need to address and my head is hurting.
1. Effective written and oral communication skills, including report writing, and the ability to effectively interact with students with special needs, and liaise with parents, teachers and community members and assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
2. Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to contribute to a professional team and provide advice and evaluation in the development of the education program, including special education and therapy programs where they have been implemented.
3. Effectively assist professionals in the implementation and evaluation of education programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
4. Knowledge and understanding of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
5. Effective organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs and subsequent feedback and evaluation to teachers or psychologists.
6. Ability to assist with the general health and well being of students.
SO YOU NEED TO BE GOOD AT:
1. Reading and Writing. Talking and making your point well with other people and students(children)
2. Good teamwork skills
3. Be useful in making things happen assosiated to your job, systems etc.
4. Know stuff about your job...
5. know stuff about your kids that you will be teaching, ie. It sounds like its a special school of some kind, so be able to help with the health requirements of those children.
There, dumbed it down for ya!
Yeah now write the answers so i can get the job. I know what they want me to write!! I just dont know how to write the answer how they want it.
I already work in a special needs school. I am going for a job in a specialised center to produce teaching aides for teachers in mainstream schools.
answer with examples eg. 6. in my previous experience at this school, i blah blah blah
Can you make number four longer than two sentances?
I'm pretty good with selection criteria. But ultimately you are the only person who can really write it. If you like, you can PM me with a little more info about the position and I can write you some generic paragraph openers and closers. When do you have to have it done by?
Through my experiences as a teaching aide I have been able to gain knowledge and understanding of the health and physical disabilities that have challenged my past/current students. My time at (old/current school) has enabled me to see that students with one disability will require attention and assistance in different areas than a student with another type of disability. This has helped me to become a better teacher because blah, blah (something like) I can distribute my time and attention evenly through out the students because i know who needs more time who needs less, blah blah.
I dont know what your looking for but thats an attempt.
That looks pretty darn good....Originally Posted by slundy
I spend too much money on my cars & bike
Click me to see my ride
Thanks guys for all your help. I gave it a go and I think I have done allright. I will let you know how things go.