Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Political Correctness

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
Who thinks this political correctness crap is going to far? just in general what do you think.
no examples just do you think it's getting outta hand.

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
Definately. Political correctness is the opposite of free speech. How can you have a democracy without freedom of speech.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Yep.. It's nuts.. I was at work the other day and was describing someone from another store to a manager, to find out who they were.

I said they were Asian and someone piped in that I was being racist.. After a bit of an outburst from me, that person felt pretty stupid. So they should..

As a man of colour myself, I hate people pussy footing around.. I know I'm black, it's no big secret.. It's okay to say it..

Of course a line must be drawn somewhere, but this is just nuckin futs..

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I seem to have more of a problem with people using "privacy laws" as an excuse to not giving information and/or not to do something. PC was worse 5 years ago but Privacy seems to be taken over. OH&S is another excuse giving it a run for i'ts money.

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Yep.. It's nuts.. I was at work the other day and was describing someone from another store to a manager, to find out who they were.

I said they were Asian and someone piped in that I was being racist.. After a bit of an outburst from me, that person felt pretty stupid. So they should..

As a man of colour myself, I hate people pussy footing around.. I know I'm black, it's no big secret.. It's okay to say it..

Of course a line must be drawn somewhere, but this is just nuckin futs..

Hehehe yeah I know about that one. I consider myself one of the most racially tolerant people and when I'm describing how to find somebody - if your Asian, Indian, Eskimo or whatever, thats what I'll discribe you as. If you are embarrassed by your heritage then that's sad but it isn't my problem. IMHO there is a huge difference in describing somebody as black/Asian/whatever and mis-treating or abusing them because of their background.

Reaper

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
African-American is just far too long a word to say ... :thumbsup:

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
OHS is bulls**t. A bit off topic. Is anyone else noticing alot of white people calling other white people or their own mates niggas? Well not alot but I have noticed a few and its just bloody stupid. There were two white guys fighting at the pub the other night and they were both calling each other that while they were fighting. I felt like telling them to shut the f**k up. Listening to too much hip hop maybe. But then again I listen to hip hop religiously and I dont say it.

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
love san andreas ...

ghetto stylez yo!

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
African-American is just far too long a word to say ... :thumbsup:

there is a difference between black and african american, but dont tell that to anyone in america because they wont understand that there are black people in other countries

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
what?? other countries?!