Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Caution Baby Onboard

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
Today an SUV overtook me in a 40kph school zone (I was doing spot on 40) It was the speed that drew my attention and as it passed I noticed a toddler obviously kneeling on the front passenger seat and the driver was on a mobile phone. The irony of it all was a "caution, baby onboard" sign displayed in the back window.

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
yeah i often see some shocking driving from folks sporting those signs.
i get kinda cut that a lot of 'hoonish' behaviour isn't done by who the media calls hoons (young people with nice rides), it's done by people in x5's or Kompressors

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
yeah i often see some shocking driving from folks sporting those signs.
i get kinda cut that a lot of 'hoonish' behaviour isn't done by who the media calls hoons (young people with nice rides), it's done by people in x5's or Kompressors

hear hear! minding my own business on the freeway sitting on 99 ( 100zone i was in middle lane, plenty of room around ) and then i have this x5 come flying up my rear, tails my bumper for a couple of seconds before pretty much swerving into the left hane and would of taken it up to 120 or more and kept up the lane dodging antics into the distance. lunacy.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Doesnt matter what they drive,its common to see children unrestrained in cars.
I have a insane neighbour that is due to have a baby this week and has had 3 speeding fines this year alone,and in the same spot.she always speed and talks on the phone.
She now has some sort of baby sign in the back window of her car.I think she should have it on her dash so she can see it herself because she is the only one risking her childs life.I wont even get into her still regular drug use.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Isnt it still school holidays ? thus making it a 60kph Zone... mabey you were going to slow then ?

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
School went back this week in some places...

Lots of idiots on the road, and alot aren't those targeted as "hoons"

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
i c this type of thing everyday, i wont say wot natanal i c most doin it dont wonna start one of thoes types of threads. but its on a day to day basis its beyound a joke.

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
Isnt it still school holidays ? thus making it a 60kph Zone... mabey you were going to slow then ?

You are correct, maybe the other driver was doing the correct speed. I don't have school kids so really don't have much idea when the school holidays are. Funny though I was in a line of at least five other cars all doing 40kph.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Well in NSW kids dont go back till Monday 23rd of April...

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
irony is she isnt at home cooking dinner

thats why she was speeding case closed