Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fixed Red Light Speed Cameras

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Hi all

Quick question;

Red light speed cameras at major intersections, do they take photos from the rear or from the front or from both?

Cos there are two lots of cameras at an intersection, one for traffic moving one way and the other on the opposing side of the road.

Help please.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
They take the photo from the front and are activated by a sensor after the line that only triggers it when the light has turned red.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Legislation was passed in SA (and i would think they were following other states) that they can't take a photo from the front. In case they 'blind' you and cause a crash.

Aswell as bikes only have rear number plates

which intersection are you talking about?

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
south rd and grange rd

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Yeah, can only get you one way. The cars crossing (grange road) can't be done either, only if your on South Road.

Keep in mind, even if the light is green, you will still get done if your speeding.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Those things are killers. My mate got busted by one, he lost 6 points in one hit. Had his licence suspended for 3 months.

He did learn his lesson though..

The corner of Stud + Ftg Roads has one of those duals, it flashes like a strobe.

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
The corner of Stud + Ftg Roads has one of those duals, it flashes like a strobe.

I sat on the grass near that corner and ate subway a few weeks back - counted a few grand worth of fines just in that time :( (presuming every flash was a fune)

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I laugh sometimes at how many suckers get done on intersections with obvious cameras. Some people truly live in a different world :p

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
I sat on the grass near that corner and ate subway a few weeks back - counted a few grand worth of fines just in that time :( (presuming every flash was a fune)

you haven't seen anything until you've driven along alexandra parade in fitzroy (melb).

most of the lights along this short stretch have cameras on them, and they love to make the light go yellow just as you approach it after leaving the previous red light, 200 metres back.

if they ever employed someone to rig it all up so that they caught more drivers, that person would come back and say "don't change anything, it's perfect!"

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
my mum gets consitently done by one that's 1 k from our house. it's redlight/speed and she always fails to slow/travel at the speed limit thru it.

i guess if she's speeding she deserves it, but there has been mention in legislation and by the government that they don't/shouldn't put these at the base of hills. all the ones i see in my area seem to face so they get you when you're at the bottom of a hill