Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

msn virus

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
got sent a file yesterday which i stupidly accepted over msn. it puts some program virus onto your comp and then sends the same thing to everyone on your online list over msn. anyone know how to get rid of the f**king thing?

ive tried 2 different anti virus things. both found two viruss. deleted them. and its still happening.

figured someone herewould know something. thanks.

cruzncommo

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5spd
i got rid of it when my sister managed to get it on my comp by typing msconfig into the run function (start - run) then going to the startup tab and unchecking susspect looking programs lol, it worked.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
We had that aaaages ago. I think Stocky helped us get rid of it. I'm pretty sure it was Stockers.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
google the name of the file and there is usually a remove tool that you can download. Usually works for me when things like this happen.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
If it is the same one we had, it's just called 2. Or Two. One or the other.

5L fury

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS. VN V6 speedwagon
don't throw away good hardware because of a software problem that's just a plain waste. if your sick of viruses try linux and use AMSN, it didn't get affected by that problem

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Other option is format the hard drive and re install what ever operating system you use.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Google the name of the virus that your anti virus software found. Chances are it may have deleted the file from where it was downloaded to, but your registry is still infected. A removal tool will generally go through the registry and delete all the values associated with that particular file.

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
lol me mate sent (accidentally) me that but my antivirus software reversed the registry change it caused (thank god lol...trend micro ) but my mate still hade it.....i cant think of the site (link) that i gave him to get rid of it though ..sory.

i guess u could try useing spybot search and destroy....it may fix it......cant hurt

otherwise as everyone has said try googleing what the message says and go from there.....

but ill try and find that link...BUT dont get your hopes up though