Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A little annoyed with Repco

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Anyone seen the Repco website recently. Their homepage clearly states "We won't be beaten on price....." blah blah blah... Well I've since sent Repco an email and though I'd post part of it....

"Today I went to my local Repco store at Shellharbour to purchase oil, oil filter, air filter and spark plugs. I enquired about the notice on the website clearly stating "We won't be beaten on price". The initial response from the two young staff members was one of confusion and they could not produce any written terms and conditions. Then one of them told me that offer only applies to items that competitors have advertised in a current catalogue. I was clearly told that the offer does NOT apply to items where the competitor has the same item with a cheaper regular shelf price. Upon visiting the local Supercheap Auto and Autobarn, I realise I could have purchased all of the items I listed above much cheaper at the competitors stores....."

I'm not saying supercheap and autobarn don't do it but just annoys me when you get these claims. Reminds me of the claim where bunnings say "Find a cheaper price we'll beat it by 10%" I know someone who went to buy an orbital sander because they were on special. They were sold out so he went across the next suburb and the bunnings there wouldn't even match their own price until he argued about their advertised claim. We'll see if I get a response from Repco head office this week. Rant over. :ranting:

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Yeah i also hate that mate, lets us no what there response is, will be interesting to see what they say....

RUN41T

Go forth and modify
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 Vb Sle
Yeah shellharbour Repco is the worst, Unhelpfull staff and they are out of stock 50% of the time. I head stright over to autobarn albion park

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
well you do know what repco stands for dont you.....Rip Every Poor C*nt Off...

sums it up pretty well....

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
The local repco here beats supercheap and autobarn for service and price hands down.The boss of the place has been here for years and knows his stuff too which probably makes a big difference.

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
yea u gota read between the lines

will beat any ADVERTISED price lol as most places will say...

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Bugger supercheap, i only go there for electrical tape, oil and basic stuff like that.

Autobarn FTW!

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
yea u gota read between the lines

will beat any ADVERTISED price lol as most places will say...
isn't the price sticker on the shelf "advertising"?

with the bunnings discount, if you read the fine print, they don't beat the competitors price by 10%, they match the competitors price and refund 10% of the difference. a lot of advertising these days could be classed as false advertising, but due to ethics and morals seemingly disappearing over the last few years, this practice seems to be acceptable now

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
with the bunnings discount, if you read the fine print, they don't beat the competitors price by 10%, they match the competitors price and refund 10% of the difference.

Last year I bought myself a pair of Channellock pliers from Middy's in Sunshine for $55. Took the pliers and receipt up the road to Bunnings where they were selling the same pliers for $72... they were very reluctant to knock $22 off their price but eventually came around and sold me a pair for $49.50 :D
I then sold the other pair off for $60, so all in all the one pair only cost me ~$45, very good price for a pair of channellock's!