Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford laser.. No spark.. Dizzy or.... ?

macksvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
folks, this if bugging the ****ta outta me...

ive replaced the coil, when replacing the coil i blew the main fuse and that was a bastard to replace. Now ive replaced the fuse and coil and theres still no spark..

will it be my distributor ?

cheers

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
What year is it? In Mazda 323s up to about 1992 the Igniter used to **** itself regularly. It's a half moon shaped part inside the distributor. I'm assuming it's going to be the same on a Laser depending on the year. Not a cheap part but fairly easy to replace.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
have you replaced the dizzy cap. had to replaced that in my laser when i had her

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Points arnt welded maybe. But bugger, i understand if its all you can afford or a paddok basher, but seriously they have got to be one of the most unreliable old cars iv ever seen. I'd use this as a good excuse to scrap it and buy somthing better

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
I would try replacing the ignition module and if that doesn't fix it replace the spark plug and coil leads. One of my fathers mates had a Laser and he was always replacing leads for some reason. Another thing to check would be the resistor that reduces the voltage to the coil if it has one. They are a ceramic looking thing about 70mm long and 20mm wide if you unbolt it there should be some resistance wire underneath it that looks like a spring and these sometimes break so no power will go to the coil.

vps231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS s2,Vp S, 180B SSS Project
We Have A Laser 87 And No Spark So I Think Its That Half Moon Thing As Well