Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Berlina Vs. EL Falcon

V

VTBerlina1

hey guys

im new to this website and just interested to know i have a VT berlina stock as a rock and my mate has a EL falcon also stock as a rock...my VT has done 170klms and the falcon around 22oklms mark... just wondering who would win at the traffic lights say to 80 or 100...i know the VT will be better down low but wat about top end? any thoughts appreciated

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
VTBerlina1 said:
hey guys

im new to this website and just interested to know i have a VT berlina stock as a rock and my mate has a EL falcon also stock as a rock...my VT has done 170klms and the falcon around 22oklms mark... just wondering who would win at the traffic lights say to 80 or 100...i know the VT will be better down low but wat about top end? any thoughts appreciated

Speed Camera.Cop's.Or both.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
go out to a drag strip or somewhere with the distance needed (not on public roads where its illegal) and find out, only real way you will know.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Its not illegal to accelerate to the speed limit if you dont break traction and stay in a straight line

Z

ZER0

nor is it dangerous providing you know how to handle the car, and that the road if free of traffic!

near my place there is a set of lights that are at the base of a motor way on ramp..... basicaly you can plant your foot at the lights and you dont have to let up till you hit 100kmph (but of course you have to pick ideal conditions)

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
it can be illegal to accelerate too quickly, the cops do book some people like that. just another revenue raising law that one though.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
minux said:
Its not illegal to accelerate to the speed limit if you dont break traction and stay in a straight line

No but it is illegal to hold a race or time trial on public roads.

Reaper

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA xr6 turbo Heinrich tuned to 300 rwkw's
Off the mark VT but overtaking roll on power EL but not on public roads