Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bean Counter now in charge, 24 new models by 2020

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Holden has been in a bit of turmoil for the past few years. With declining sales, plant closures coming in a couple of years, and big changes for the Commodore, steady leadership is key. But in the past six years, Holden has gone through six chairmans. The latest one, Gerry Dorizas only lasted eight months on the job. But there will be a new person in charge.

Last Friday, Holden announced the appointment of Mark Bernhard as Managing Director and Chairman of the brand. This is an important milestone as Bernhard is the first Australian to be in charge since 1990.

“Mark’s knowledge of GM Holden, our region and GM’s global operations will serve him well in his new role,” said General Motors executive vice president and president of GM International Stefan Jacoby.

“He will champion the ongoing transition of GM Holden to a National Sales Company and the repositioning of the Holden brand for long-term growth and profitability.”

Bernhard is no stranger to Holden. He started his career at the company back in 1986 within the in the finance division. Since then, Bernhard has held many roles at GM, including the CFO of Holden.

"It's wonderful, and quite humbling, to be returning to Holden to lead the company where my career started. I am a Holden man, always have been. [Becoming] Managing Director of this company has always been a dream job. While I know that the company is going through a very challenging transition, I also know that it is has a very bright future,"said Bernhard in a statement.

"I understand that the transition from being a manufacturing company to a national sales company is not easy. We need to ensure that those that leave us as a result of this change are treated with dignity, respect and most of all, support. But I am really looking forward to leading the re-making of our iconic company as we bring in great new product, continue to revitalise our Aftersales service and re-establish ourselves as Australian customers' favourite car company."

Bernhard begins work at Holden in the third quarter.

Along with the announcement of a new chairman, GM also announced that Holden will introduce 24 major new models and 36 new powertrains by 2020.

“While I can’t reveal all the details, I can say that Holden will debut an all-new Barina Spark in the first quarter of 2016, launch a global Captiva replacement and another all-new, world-class SUV to ensure comprehensive offerings in the crucial SUV market segment," said Jacoby.

Also in the pipeline is the next-generation Commodore and a 'true sports car'.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
We're getting the Vette.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Opel features in the new Holden ad at Lang Lang so seems likely. Can't be any worse than the daewoos.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Opel features in the new Holden ad at Lang Lang so seems likely. Can't be any worse than the daewoos.

It's been known for many months that the next generation of Holdens will predominantly be Opel in origin, with some new models from Korea such as the Barina Spark and Captiva replacement.

The Opel models will be vastly superior to the Daewoos we are familiar with. (Then again, a billycart is probably better than a Spark).;)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Bugger the Vette, give me a Camaro :)