Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spraying Interior

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
hey guys and gals.. i just been spraying my interior! ill get sum early stage pics up.. i just had a question for n one whos done it before.. im using the VHT colour dye.. but i used KH vynal paint to do white parts on the door.. now this paint seems to b scratching off and coming out all powdery and rough.. is ther sumthing i can spray over to prevent it from peeling, scratching and feeling rough.. i cant keep wasting cans at 16$ a pop..
i was just going to buy the VHT and giv it like the most thinest coat over the top because the VHT works properly but im not sure if it will peel from underneith still.. n e one have the same issues id love to talk about it cause im wearing thin!

Attachments

• 15-05-06_1717.jpg
    15-05-06_1717.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 259

Cam-shaft

CAM
Reaction score
Members Ride
blown vt ss
hay i have painted my interior a while ago i painted the dash and the door drims in VHT. It was black that i used and it has seemed to fade and become worn back in spots to the original coulour has it seems like it needs a coat of clear or something to go over it, so be careful as the vht also seems to eventually change the apperance.

I dont think you should put the vht over the kh vynal spray as u will find the vht will not stick properly because of the kh as the kh will work against the vynal spray.

V

vnberlwagon

If the surface isn't prepped correctly at the beginning then expect to have probs later on. DO NOT spray anything over the top as a protective type of coating eg, clear type of paint as the two types of coatings will react against each other over a period of time, either by pealing or breaking down of pigments(powdery type of substance). I know its not what you want to read but treat it as a learning experience.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
i did prep the surface.. i was hoping that the vinyl dye will seep into the KH paint and onto the door.. its all autobarns fault for having no gloss white!

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
anyway heres a pic ov the door, im startingthe roof lining and the rest ov the plastics i had to finish off.. then i hav to find the money to pay to get my awsome calais interior refurbished.. ill miss it

Attachments

• 16-05-06_1744.jpg
    16-05-06_1744.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 190