Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior swap?

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
what out of the trim can i swap from a vs into a vn?

a thread earlier said that the seats swap over but will the hood lineing, carpet, door tirms, dash, parcel shelf and all the kick panel etc type plastic peices swap over?

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Dash probably isn't a straight bolt up but roof lining, door trims, etc should just swap over

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
i been looking at pics and the bottom half of the dash looks exactly the same as the vn. also the steering wheel is that a straight swap and what if it has a airbag.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
crazyspoon05 said:
Dash probably isn't a straight bolt up but roof lining, door trims, etc should just swap over

front door trims wont swap straight over because they have air-con vents on them.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
everything, centre console, crash pad, setereo surround, door skins, door skin vents, pods, door rubbers, scuff trims, EVERYTHING!

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
HoZy said:
everything, centre console, crash pad, setereo surround, door skins, door skin vents, pods, door rubbers, scuff trims, EVERYTHING!
that is what i like to hear but just to make sure. i can put nicer looking dash in my vn without changing anything? ie heater unit i dont mind if i have to wire up the new a/c switches etc i just want it to bolt in no probs. is that what you did do u have pics of it?

andy05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Commodore Executive....and a London bus
Just a thought.... the dash electrics probably would'nt work with the VN memcal... someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think so. So it could be that the speedo/fueal gauge could be a problem. I have thought over doing the same thing... but I reckon the VN dash actually doesnt look that bad...

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
na i already have a vs cluster in my vn i want to put the whole dash and trim in. and i was looking thro the net to find out if it would fit and someone has already done it which is good it means it can be done.

http://gallery.oldholden.com/hemipoweredvk/vn+project/

now i'm hopeing that not much modification is needed but from what i can see the mounting brackets are the same or at least similar but all the electrics will likley need rewiring but i know nothing for sure yet.