Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Prophet's VX Berlina

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
My VX Berlina

Hey guys, had my car for about 4 months now, bought it without any modifications, have since added Pacemaker headers, 2.5 inch lukey cat back exhaust, and new 18 inch rims... Its getting lowered and tinted in the next few weeks. I'm planning to make the car more of a looker instead of going for power, any suggestions to improve my ride are appreciated

Model: VXII Berlina
Year: Aug 2001
KM'S: 113,000
Colour: Delft Blue
Engine Type: 3.8ltr V6 Ecotec
Exhaust: 2.5 inch Lukey catback exhaust
Gearbox: Automatic
Diff: Standard
Suspension: Standard
Wheels: 18" GTS Black Machined
Interior: Stock Velour, with VX SS dash facia
Other Mods: NA

Attachments

• 1-1.jpg
    1-1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 522
  • 3-1.jpg
    3-1.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 598
  • 4-1.jpg
    4-1.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 280
  • 5-1.jpg
    5-1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 544
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 802
Last edited:

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
1991_Vn2nV said:
Mate i love those wheels...they woulda set u back a fair bit aye? GTS rims dont go cheap
They weren't too badly priced, I have a mate who owns a tyre joint, so I managed to get them pretty cheap. $1800 with Bridgestone tyres. Certainly worth the dosh, I love the look of them.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
Troy711 said:
are they genuine GTS wheels or copies..?
Nah copies, I couldn't find any legit ones for less than $2700, and these look identical.

Wasn't worth the extra step in money IMO.

Saw quite a few other cheaper GTS clones around, but they didn't appear to have the same build quality as these ones.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
1991_Vn2nV said:
What r u gonna lower it with? Superlows?
I'm still tossing up between Super's and Ultra lows...

I go out to my farm fairly often, so ultras are a bit too lower to be taking it out there on those roads. So yeah I'll probably end up with Super Lows.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Nice ride there mate...

Id go supers, looks pretty low witht he 18"s anyway..

Any plans with kits or a new front bar?

looks good.

aZk.

A

ageo8

Prophet,
First off: absolutely awsome ride mate, congrats. Those rims add instant appeal to ur car and at that price they were a steal. Ive got super lows in my car and i also travel out to my farm every blue moon and find that if i drive slow enough there isnt a drama at all. The only thing i can recomend would be to take off the spoiler and tint the windows. Apart from that your ride is sweet as mate, good work.
-Andrew

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
azkwazere said:
Nice ride there mate...

Id go supers, looks pretty low witht he 18"s anyway..

Any plans with kits or a new front bar?

looks good.

aZk.
Thanks mate, as for the front bar I'm not sure if I wanna change it yet or not, I'll see how it goes when its lowered, I was looking at buying the VZ monaro CV8 front bar a while back, but put it on the back burner for a bit, as its a damn expensive option, looking at close to $1000 before it even gets sprayed due to the headlights costing $370 each.

ageo8 said:
Prophet,
First off: absolutely awsome ride mate, congrats. Those rims add instant appeal to ur car and at that price they were a steal. Ive got super lows in my car and i also travel out to my farm every blue moon and find that if i drive slow enough there isnt a drama at all. The only thing i can recomend would be to take off the spoiler and tint the windows. Apart from that your ride is sweet as mate, good work.
-Andrew
Thanks mate, the spoiler removal is on the list to do, as well as the tinting (probably done next month when I get time).