Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Homemade CAI

Soybean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 5-speed
has anybody got any info and pics of what their homemade cold air intakes look like

Bob129

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec Series II
yer, the vs v6 s/c cai is the easier option and is relatively inexpensive, just go to your local holden dealer...

Last edited:

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Do a search, there are a couple of home made jobs around. I, like everyone else, would go with a s/c cai.

CHANDLC

BushBasher
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 V6 VS LEXCEN
Here r some pics of my cold air induction works really well gave me a slight power increase

Attachments

• car pics 010.jpg
    car pics 010.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 799
  • Copy of camp 031.jpg
    Copy of camp 031.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 3,584

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
In my VR, I cut the bottom of the box (under air box), and I discovered the wheel was there, I'm thinking it would give wind up the filter. So I meshed the cut (so debrey doesnt get in), cut the bottom of the plastic air box and relocated the windscreen wiper bottle, and now it has a nice sound at 3000 revs and when I am climbing hills, it holds on the current gear longer without it shifting down to get power. But the downside would be is that the air filter will get dirty quicker and water would make it's way up.

Soybean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 5-speed
i understand that holden CAI's are probably the easiest option but i would like to have something different. something you dont see everytime you pop up a bonnet.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
You cant see mine, its in disguise;)