Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stop thieves

VL-VP-VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Statesman GEN III
alarm system that doesnt let theives touch your car
it will scare them off before they get close

If you have trouble around your home with car thieves try this, this is what I have set up.

I got a car battery, and a battery box to suit, fishing line 100lb you could go with a lighter weight, and a set of tri tone air horns. and a toggle switch ( get a plastic one )
should hear airhorns at 2am in the morning

you'll also need 2 washers, and a small screw. make sure the washers slip over the top of the toggle switch.

i'll run that list of things to get again

Battery
Battery box to suit
toggle switch, get a plastic one with the flat toggle bit on it
air horns
fishing line
2 metal washers make sure they will fit over the toggle switch
small screw ------- <- about as long as those dashes
and some electrical wire and tape
1 four inch nail

first thing take your toggle switch and at about 1/2 - 1 cm from the top drill a small hole through the switch for the small screw to screw into.
now fit the switch to the top of the battery box. and screw the small screw in the hole you drilled only screw it in till the tip starts going through the switch

put battery in box

run some wire from positive terminal to one side of the switch ( put a fuse in there if you wish) then run a wire from the other terminal on the switch to the positive side of the air horns have it long enough to put the airhorns some where ( I had the air pump and horns screwed to my wall )

then run a wire from the negative side of air horns to battery ( make sure switch is in off position ) you may deafen yourself

now for fishing line ( this is going to be a trip wire for the horns )

find a suitable spot for the fishing line to be postioned around the vehicle try and have it about a meter or so away from the car
I have the fishing line tied to a fence, and it ran behind the car around a pole up the driveway beside the car around another pole and to the back door of the house where the battery box is, you can practically do endless running of the fishing line, but try to keep it simple, ( I had 3 lots of fishing line running off mine )

make sure you have the end of the fishing line thats not going to the switch on something solid, if you have to use a tree position it on a trunk not a branch, the wind will blow a branch and set your alarm off

when you have found some where to run the fishing line tie one of the washers to the line then drive a nail into the position ( you may have to find other means of doing this)(you may have a metal fence ) etc therefor your on your own you'll work it out

WARNING if you have dogs or cats around, make sure they can walk under the fishing line without setting it off.

run your fishing line out and cut it when you reach your battery box ( have the battery box away from a wall about a foot or so, this allows adjustment for the fishing line and switch position and will save you trying to get the exact length of the fishing line) then tie the other washer to the end of the fishing line that will go on the switch

you may want to test it with the airhorns unplugged or just have the air pump hooked up ( take the hose off the pump that runs to the airhorns)
run your fishing line out and test away.

mine was set off around 2am one morning, I heard people talking about hearing an alarm go off at 2am and that was 2 km away from my house
the sound of air horns travels well in the silence of the night

A carport would be the IDEAL place to use this setup just run the fishing line around the poles of the carport.
anyway thats the basics of what I have setup, feel free to add bits to my info

may take a bit to get all the fine tuning done but you'll get there.

it workes very effectively for me as mine has been set off a few times now
no it wasnt dogs or cats etc, cause the front gate was left swinging in the wind ( just wish I could get up quick enough to see the little bastards runnin out the gate, bet it scare **** outta them LOL.

it seemed so effective my uncle asked me to set one up in his SHOP aound the cash registers

I hope this works for you all

oh yeah just a reminder try and remember where you run your fishing line, I have stumbled out of bed on many mornings and forget about it and set the horns off, it wakes you up in a hurry

ok ok I am going to post this now
have fun with it all, and I hope it saves you the broken quarter windows or busted locks on your cars ( as the theives can't get to you car )

timmy_tam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN calais 91
how bout some picts?
of course, not of your trip wires or where u put them, but maybe some picts of the set up?
like how to conenct it all?

pictures would really help!
but great idea, i might have to try it myself....cant trust anything these days :cry:

AGRO_38

Formerly SLAYR
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VS UTE
sounds like a well thought out setup. But to go to those measures its just sad that people are willing to trepass on your property, and attempt to steal your pride and joy. very sad indeed :ranting:

NOGEN 3

Reaction score
Members Ride
sounds like a well thought out setup. But to go to those measures its just sad that people are willing to trepass on your property, and attempt to steal your pride and joy. very sad indeed :ranting:
An unfortunate sign of this times....

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Problem is mate, you've posted this infomation..

Top theives recon somehow...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
it's unfortunate the lenghts you have to go to to protect your pride and joy these days. it's unfortunate that the more poeple that use this idea the more common the knowledge will be and therefor the little bastards will start looking for it. great idea though suggest maybe putting 240 volts on the gate latch at night, that'll deal to em good and proper.:thumbsup:

dephilile

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
wow. that seems kinda complicated. I’d be inclined to lock any animals you have up and install a sensor light and in addition to the sensor light hook up a 12volt transformer to run your air horn and control when the alarm system is set with a master switch inside.

or……..

get some really big dogs that eat people

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
You know in africa u can install flamethrowers on the side fo your ride? yes its true car jacking is that bad over there, takes a push of a button and toasty!

Theres a video around somewhere..

Just a thought anyway, if they allowed stuff like that over here .. id say car theives would be no more.

boyley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute and Calais V
Dude that is the funniest thing I have ever read:yeah:

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Simple... park your car in your garage at night...

If you dont have one, build or buy one...

If you rent... move to a house with one.