Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VT S Pack

Cashy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Raven Mica
My VT S now with VX Clubsport Body Kit

I finally said good bye to my VR SS in December 06, which I have had for just over 7 years, and purchased this VT S pack in Raven Mica.
It was stock, apart from the phone kit installed for some old nokia brick. It had a stacker in the boot, but the main unit didn't connect to it. WTF??

Model: 1998 VT S
Colour: Raven Mica
Body kit: VX Clubsport
Engine Type: V6 Ecotec
Engine Mods: K&N Panel Filter
Power: Not enough
Exhaust: Not loud enough
Gearbox: Standard Auto
Diff: Hangs head in shame. One wheel spin.....
Brakes: Not big enough
Suspension: FE2
Sound: Pioneer DEH-P7850BT CD/MP3 Tuner, VDO Dayton MPC1700 200W Sub with splits, Kenwood KFC-M6950A 6x9 5-Way 500W, Kenwood KAC-8103D 1000w Amp, Kenwood KFC-W3010 12-inch 1000W Sub
Exterior: VX Clubsport Body Kit (Genuine), VX Clubsport Driving Lights, VX Altezza Headlight "Chrome", VX Berlina Boot Garnish and Tail Lights, Clear side Indicators, Debadged.
Wheels/Tyres: BBoss Eleanor Rims, Maxxis MA-Z1 245/35/19
Interior: Blue/Black, Dash, Speedo Insert & console sprayed in silver, Fog Light Switch
Build Period: Since Dec 06
Contacts: “Professional Panel and Paint - Dandenong” "Autobarn - Pakenham"

Future Mods: Raptor Supercharger, FIT 1.97 Roller Rockers, Pacemaker Extractors, Redback exhaust system

Stock setup with vx garnish and lights
VTS.jpg

Headunit
VTS2.JPG

Sub and AMP
VTSUB.JPG

Added VYSS Rims
VTSVY1.jpg

VTSVY2.jpg

VX Clubsport Kit right side
VTSCLUB1.jpg

VX Clubsport Kit left side
VTSCLUB2.JPG

Front
VTSCLUB3.JPG

Last edited:

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
looks good man. You should dump it in the rear and take the wing off and get some clear tail lights and she will be sweet.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Nice ride ;) Those rims look good and the black is good too.
Can I ask how much you paid for it? How many K's are on it?

Cashy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Raven Mica
I paid just under $11k for it, with 125,000km on the clock. Very clean inside and out. Still getting use to the lack of power compared to my SS, but it should make my wallet a little fatter. :)

Not to interested in adding the rice lights. Maybe some rear speakers, etc.

With the family expanding next year, I'll need all the money i can get.

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
Very nice mate, some 19s detailed brakes and a little drop in height, will make it look sick. and custom plates!

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Haha, i know what you mean with the family mate, sold my vt 5.7ltr and saved a bit xtra on fuel with the six.
Looks good the way it is imo, speakers in the back will make alot of difference to your sound quality.

Cashy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Raven Mica
Nice VT mate. Whats it like to drive compared to your old SS?

Thx mate, i'm happy with it.
Compared to the SS, yer, not too bad. The FE2 seems better in the S. I can power through my freeway exit corner faster now. :driving: It has a set of Toyo Transpath SW 225/50R16 92V tyres on it, and they seem to hold well. We'll see what happens in the wet.

The other difference i've noticed is the reduction of view from the front and rear windows as they are on more of an angle. The VR had bit less angle.

I need to adjust the accelerator pedal, as I'm half way to the floor before I get any power from it. When I want power ASAP, I don't want to go searching for it if you know what I mean.

I should be able to do a few mods to it to grab more HP. I'm hoping to get it from the stock 147KW to about 165-175KW which shouldn't cost the earth. The SS was about 220KW, so you can see the power cut I've taken. :supersad:

Last edited:

Cashy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Raven Mica
I've just finished putting in some new speakers front and back which is mod 2 of 3 in the sound department. Next comes AMP and sub.

In the rear I've put in some Kenwood KFC-M6950A which are a BIG improvement over the stock door speakers.

In the front I now have a set of VDO Dayton MPC1700 which are last years model, but still sound very good, and the price was $100 cheaper.

I'm very happy with the results, and my ears are still hurting. :)

Last edited:

Cashy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Raven Mica
I just got a VX boot garnish off ebay in good condition for $199.00, and some tail lights for a few dollars more. Once this mod is finished, I'll finally get of my ass and take some pics for you guys.

BONUS: Getting it painted for free from a customer. :)

UPDATE: All fitted, but just need to connect the left reverse light up.

Last edited: