Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

eurovox cd flashes and works for 5 mins

F

fpy

I have just purchased a Eurovox CD player from E-bay to put in my VT sedan and have a problem.
The pin code I was supplied with was very dodgy (1111) and when the code is entered the display flashes and the player only works for 5 minutes. After that, the player shuts down and the code has to be re-entered.
Is there any solution to this problem? Or, more precisely, is this a stolen unit and unworkable?

gibbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Hilux 3.8l vs v6 & 4L60E
The code supplied is a bypass code for testing , tell the seller to give you the real code , or your money back. We do recoding at my work , but it will cost $60. To do it I need proof of purchase or a statutory declaration. I am in Adelaide, you can courier it to us if you are interstate, it's starting to add up though........($$$$$$) :mad:

Last edited:
F

fpy

Tah bloke. That explains it. Getting the unit to Adelaide will be difficult as I live in NQ and our mail service is notoriously bad. I may even see if there's a tech here that could do it. I have kept your details though and you may be hearing from me. Thanks again.
I hate E-bay.

F

fpy

Tah bloke. That explains it. Getting the unit to Adelaide will be difficult as I live in NQ and our mail service is notoriously bad. I may even see if there's a tech here that could do it. I have kept your details though and you may be hearing from me. Thanks again.
I hate E-bay.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
$60 is a rip, take it to a holden dealer & get them to fax eurovox for the correct pin, most dealers will charge you $10 to $20 for the service.
all they need is the serial number off it.
if you can get the VIN from the car it was originally fitted to any holden dealer should be able to get it on the spot
Cheers rob

gibbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Hilux 3.8l vs v6 & 4L60E
When the Holden dealer can't work out what the code is you can still send it to us! :yeah:

cliffo78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline, VL Exec, VY Berlina
If you have the serial number (from the label on the unit), Eurovox will supply the PIN for $22. They have a PDF form they can email to you which details their requirements. Email them at [email protected]

You might have to complete a stat dec since you probably dont have a receipt. Good luck!

Vs_sharlene

Beats a Kick in the Face!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Executive
Or if you want you could try every 4 digit code possible? (Joking)