Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Body kit respray quote

Needsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT Commodore Acclaim
Hey guys just got myself a VX SS body kit and I need to get it sprayed to match my car. I was wondering if anyone has had this done and a ball park figure of how much it cost (without spoiler) so I can tell if I'm getting ripped off.
Cheers.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
as you know you pay for quality with most things these days,
$500 would be a quick job in Sydney and over $1000 would be a smick job that's what a was quoted for a complete cluby kit.

Needsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah that sounds about right (unfortunately) the guy that did my boot is one of the best color matches I've ever seen the finished product is amazing but you do pay for the extra quality and care that goes into it I'll get a quote off him and see how he compares to others

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
If its a fibreglass kit you will need to make sure there is no stress marks or cracks as that will increase the total too.

I just did mine and found some stress marks and small stone chips that I had to fix before I did the paint as it would stick out like dogs balls on fresh paint.

Needsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
nah mate mines genuine GMH plastic bodykit

Needsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
as you know you pay for quality with most things these days,
$500 would be a quick job in Sydney and over $1000 would be a smick job that's what a was quoted for a complete cluby kit.
Got a quote of around $1000 off a guy who has done work for me before and that includes getting it sprayed fitted trolly strips taken off and my lion badges sprayed black so I recon that's a pretty good deal