i have finally gotten the shits with the varajet II carby and am wanting to put on a weber 34adm (or possibly the 32/36) carby on my basically stock blue 202 (extractors). i have very limited mechanical knowledge. i would really like someone in the know to give me a heads up on a few issues i have. i want an adapter to fit the weber to the original intake manifold.
1. does the adapter plate just bolt on, what adapter do i need (model no.)?
2. do i need to hone out the manifold at all to allow the weber to flow easily (if so, do i need to take off the inlet manifold to do this)?.
2. will my fuel pump be sufficient to handle the carby?
3. how do i change the jets if the carby is from a larger engine (or what is a good carby to get that will suit the blue 3.3 other than xe xf 3.? litre)?
4. what air filter can i put on top the carby that will fit and be under the bonnet(model no.)?
5. how do i modify the accelerator cables to fit this new carby (a guide possibly?)
6. what pipes go where, what can i block off?
7. how do i know if a used carby is any good or how do i reco one?
I know this is quite demanding of me but i am hoping that many of you on here have done this exact conversion and are willing to shed some light or point me in the right direction. i am young and broke!
yeah i would like to know where i can find a guide to do this too. i got myself a 34adm weber carby sitting on my table but have no idea what exactly to do with it
umm get another 2 and a redline manifold........
lol ive got one sitting in my shed... was on my TE gemi till it kinda got an upgrade, with twin 32/36 sidedraught setup