Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

♥♦ GAMBLR ♣♠ VZ Calais

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
After a long, tense 8 month wait, I'd finally settled on a car. Anyone who follows me on Facebook will know how frustrated I was getting, so it was a relief to finally make a decision and settle on it.

However, whilst getting the finance in order, the seller passed it onto someone else. So that idea went down the drain, and more frustration.

By miracle, the following weekend, my brother was cruising the net and found this one....

Presenting the new GAMBLR

Name: Who, me or the car?

Model: 2004 VZ Calais

Colour: Quicksilver

Body Work: Standard

Engine Type: 346ci LS1 V8 ;) Gen3 FTW

Engine Mods: Vapour Injection LPG

Exhaust: X-Force twin 2.5" Stainless Steel cat-back

Gearbox: Standard Auto 4L60E

Diff: Standard LSD

Power: Yet to be dynoed

Wheels/Tyres: 17" VZ Calais wheels/18" Vault DeVille wheels

Suspension: FE2

Brakes: Standard

Interior: Black leather, Anthracite dash

Stereo: Blaupunkt factory system

Factory Options: Sunroof, factory in-dash GPS

Other Mods: Standard

Future Mods: Respectable suspension overhaul, 19's or 20's, stereo... all in good time though. Needs more poke too...

Thanks: Parents. Both for putting up with me and my b!tching non stop, and dad for coming to pick in up with me.
Also my brothers and best mates who helped give it a sweet detail cleaning over the Easter break. Too bad it rained on the drive home :(

Flew out of Adelaide on Wednesday morning, picked it up from Port Macquarie and drove the 2000 odd kilometres back to be home on Good Friday. Drove like a dream, handles well, drives like it should.

For those with keen eyes (or who can read), it is powered partially by BBQ fuel. It was a compromise when I bought a V8, especially when I'm doing so much travel, but the system has been designed to lose little to no power (5% if that I was told.) Also has a FlashLube injection system to help keep it running cooler.
Gets up to 500km to a tank of LPG on the highway, which is about 50L.

Pictures: Enjoy! I know I am ;)

DSCF1532.jpg

DSCF1537.jpg

DSCF1544.jpg

DSCF1558.jpg

PS. The VS is getting slightly jealous...

Last edited:

BT91WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
You shud be extremely happy with that mate, its mint!

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Looks good Damo.

GAMBLR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Thanks guys, over the moon about it. Well worth the wait and the trip to pick it up :)

HoldrodeoLT

I have no lemon pledge...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Rodeo RA LT, 2008 Polaris Hawkeye 300
whats involved in getting it SA registerd? i was lookign at a few cars in other states but was hesitant because of the possible hassle of re-registering?

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Great pickup up & with the V8.

daz08

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY11 V6 Calais SII
im with ur vs, jealous. Ive always wanted this exact car. great buy

GAMBLR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Cheers guys ;)

HoldenrodeoLT, as far as I'm aware its just taking in the registration papers for the car into Service SA and having them transfer the registration into oyur name and SA rego.

On some occasions (ie. if the car is unregistered) it will require a Tier 2 inspection at Regency/the local Police station. This is where they check the numbers physically on the car against the numbers registered on the database for the car, ensuring it hasn't been a victim of a 'chop shop'.
Here, if they suspect the car to be unroadworthy, they can request it to be sent over the pits for a full Tier 3 inspection, similar to having a defect cleared.

The car is registered until November under NSW rego, so I'm hoping that it can be transferred to SA rego... I can dream, can't I?