Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

12mm or 25mm spacer for vz

Group C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Hi Allen.
I have been looking at your site and am abit confused,the manifold spacer advertised for VZ 12mm shows a pic of a plenum spacer.. I am looking at getting these spacers,would you recommend manifold and or plenum,or when you stat manifold do you mean plenum,also with a fatory strut brace will 12 mm plenum and 12mm manifold still fit under strut brace,also will standard engine covers still fit as would like to keep looking factory
Hi everyone

Sorry for the late reply.

We would recommend the 25MM over the 12MM on the Alloytec specifically in regards to greater torque gains down low, roughly another 3-4%. You will not be able to fit your standard engine covers back on with the larger manifold insulators either. With the 25MM a slight decrease in top end power may result. However this is well worth it when you consider the added benefits of going with a larger spacer. As far as throttle lag is concerned there will not be a problem with either the 12MM or 25MM.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards

Allen

MACE

Reaction score
Hi Group C

Thanks for your query.

"I have been looking at your site and am abit confused,the manifold spacer advertised for VZ 12mm shows a pic of a plenum spacer.. I am looking at getting these spacers,would you recommend manifold and or plenum,or when you stat manifold do you mean plenum"

If you have an Alloytec / LY7 both of the manifold insulators below will work fine.

12MM VZ -VE COLD AIR INTAKE MANIFOLD INSULATOR ALLOYTEC
12MM VZ -VE COLD AIR INTAKE MANIFOLD INSULATOR ALLOYTEC - Mace Engineering Group

25MM VZ -VE COLD AIR INTAKE MANIFOLD INSULATOR ALLOYTEC
25MM VZ -VE COLD AIR INTAKE MANIFOLD INSULATOR ALLOYTEC - Mace Engineering Group

"also with a fatory strut brace will 12 mm plenum and 12mm manifold still fit under strut brace,also will standard engine covers still fit as would like to keep looking factory"

There is no plenum spacer available for the Alloytec. Only the Ecotec and LLT SIDI motors in the Holden range have plenum spacers available.
It is very likely that the strut brace will fit back on with the 12MM insulator, however to be completely sure you would be required to measure the smallest gap between the manifold and the brace to be sure.

Kind Regards

Allen

Group C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Thank you for replying to my enquiries.. I have the Alloytec 175kw engine,on compliance plate says engine LE-O??? is that the LY-7 reference you were saying it is?? I have room of minimum 22mm below strut brace,will standard engine covers still fit on..thanks I will be ordering as soon as I hear back..

Cheers Ray
Hi Group C

Thanks for your query.

"I have been looking at your site and am abit confused,the manifold spacer advertised for VZ 12mm shows a pic of a plenum spacer.. I am looking at getting these spacers,would you recommend manifold and or plenum,or when you stat manifold do you mean plenum"

If you have an Alloytec / LY7 both of the manifold insulators below will work fine.

12MM VZ -VE COLD AIR INTAKE MANIFOLD INSULATOR ALLOYTEC
12MM VZ -VE COLD AIR INTAKE MANIFOLD INSULATOR ALLOYTEC - Mace Engineering Group

25MM VZ -VE COLD AIR INTAKE MANIFOLD INSULATOR ALLOYTEC
25MM VZ -VE COLD AIR INTAKE MANIFOLD INSULATOR ALLOYTEC - Mace Engineering Group

"also with a fatory strut brace will 12 mm plenum and 12mm manifold still fit under strut brace,also will standard engine covers still fit as would like to keep looking factory"

There is no plenum spacer available for the Alloytec. Only the Ecotec and LLT SIDI motors in the Holden range have plenum spacers available.
It is very likely that the strut brace will fit back on with the 12MM insulator, however to be completely sure you would be required to measure the smallest gap between the manifold and the brace to be sure.

Kind Regards

Allen

MACE

Reaction score
Hi Ray

Thank you for your enquiry.

Thank you for replying to my enquiries.. I have the Alloytec 175kw engine,on compliance plate says engine LE-O??? is that the LY-7 reference you were saying it is?? I have room of minimum 22mm below strut brace,will standard engine covers still fit on..thanks I will be ordering as soon as I hear back..

Cheers Ray
Yes, LEO is the 175kw version of the Alloytec. I would not recommend fitting the 25MM set due to clearance. The 12MM set will be adequate in this case. This will work fine with your setup.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,

Allen

Group C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Can you still run standard engine covers with the 12mm spacer

Group C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Thanks Allen for all your help have just ordered a set of 12mm look forward to seeing the difference
Hi Group C,
Thank you for your enquiry:
"Can you still run standard engine covers with the 12mm spacers"
Yes you can.
If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,

Allen

Group C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Just a follow up I received the 12m spacers and fitted them today, could feel difference in torque gain down low straight away, Also temp on inlet manifold was a lot cooler, before spacer being fitted was only just able to hold hand on it without burning, After spacer it is only just warm after same distance drive(giving it some curry in second drive) Only problem I had fitting them was the instruction diagram on mace page is incorrect, in regards to the 6 bolts to undo, The mace pdf shows undoing the front bolts,where as you need to undo passanger side front and driver side rear, this did hold me up a little but very happy with product although shipping was very slow(2 weeks) and needed a phone call from me to sort out...

Thanks allen for your advice in here and the product

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I've kind of been toying about getting some as well , I see you have a VZ SV6 as well , so you would recommend them then ?? , and you obviously felt a difference in torque , which I've thought the SV6 has plenty , but the spacers must make a bit more .