Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1994 Duel Fuel VR Commodore S/Wagon wont start

Howard

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR COMMODORE S/WAGON
Point 1. the gas/petrol switch and gas gauge do not light up anymore
point 2. The car wont start on either gas or petrol
point 3. there is plenty of spark
point 4. I checked fuel pump, which is working fine
point 5. I have replaced fuel filter
point 6. I have replaced all the leads to the spark plugs and replaced the coil assembly
point 7. there is 10lt of gas in the tank and about 9lt of petrol in the fuel tank
point 8. when left for a few hours the car will briefly start but soon cuts out and then wont start at all.

I would really appreciate any ideas that you might have on why this bloody thing wont go.
I have thought maybe the crank angle sensor or maybe the DFI module but not really sure can someone give us a hint or two thanks guys

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon
Hey bud, first try putting another 10-15 litres of petrol in the rank, that is most likely your problem, if it still happens check the main gas system fuse, and do a code check, bridge pins 5 and 6 one your diagnosis plug under the steering column, from memory pin 4 is top row 4th from Left and that should get you somewhere

Howard

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR COMMODORE S/WAGON
thanks cobber I've got it sorted but you were right it was a simple fuse problem with the gas, first time owning a duel fuel car so still trying to get used to all the added problems that can bring. all good now though, thanks again mate.

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon
That's alright bud, happy to help