Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2 hole mod question

neilsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 04
i no there is a thread on this but i dont hav time to look for it...
just a qiuck question i would like to do the 2 hole 2 my sv6 o4 6spd and was wondering if it would have an effect in fuel economy...
i get 750km on a full tank with premium at 8.31l/100km
has any1 had any fuel economy drop with this mod???

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
i barely look at my economy..and whether it's better or worse, it wouldn't be by much...actually no, i think mine went down alot..i love steppin on the accelerator to hear my induction noise now hahahaha

VZ_SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Yeah you'll save heaps on fuel by doing it. Thats why Holden did it standard LOL. Ive seen dyno proof of before and after mate. Not worth opening your bonnet. Some say its awsome, and the induction roar is to die for though.

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
ahah true VZ_SS...you get about 2 parts of #### all for performance..just makes it sound abit better

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Some say its awsome, and the induction roar is to die for though.
Induction noise is part of the reason Holden V6s sounds like they are going to throw a conrod through the block at high rpm.

But to each their own. Sounds better stock to me.

baracuda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
i had the 2 hole mod for a long time now with a MCAI and fuel economy went from 8.8 down to 7.3 on highway cruise

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
I'm going to go out and just recap what I said in that original topic I linked too

Initially I thought wow and yes, the car was more responsive and it did sound good, then again I had also installed the SS exhaust as I remember.
I got hold of a VT Clubsport airbox for 20 bucks, which has the 2 hole mod already done from factory to allow more air in, and stuck with that.

Honestly, once the car adjusted itself to the new air flow I felt nothing. The induction sound is still there, but the punchyness is gone.

As for fuel economy nah, its not anything overly impressive. 750 kays @ 8.3litres/100kays is really good economy, this wont do squat for it. Dont forget, the dash calculations only involve a rough guess, ie litres of fuel in tank verses total size of tank, divided by average speed or something stupid like that. If you want to try it, set cruise control on a freeway (100 to 110 zone) then reset your average. Just wait til it averages it out, you'll have like 3.9 litres/100 @ avg speed of 110 kays, and it'll stay low until you reduce your speed then climb high quick smart and WONT go down quite as easy.

The dash cant even calculate the remaining amount of fuel in the tank properly anyway, so I'm highly suss of the fuel average readout to begin with, let alone bothering to try and make it say anything lower.