Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2003 VY SS project

xCalliba

EPICVN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 9C1 5.0L, VN 'S' Pack project, VY S2 5.7
This is my new slow project. Got rid of my VT and VN (pride and joy 'EPICVN' project) and now have this as my only project.

2003 VY SS series 2
5.7L 6spd man
Pacemaker Tri-y extractors, pacemaker 2.5" High flow cats
Growler cold air induction
Lowered with king springs ultra lows

Complete sound system:
Alpine ICS-X8 double din DVD head unit
x2 Phoenix Gold Ti600.4 amps
x2 Phoenix Gold coax speakers in rear doors
x2 Phoenix Gold splits in front doors
x2 Phoenix Gold tweaters in front factory position inside dash
x2 Pheonix Gold 10" subs in boot, custom install
Running off 0g cable
Reverse camera also fitted

Stock 18" rims with redwalls

No other mods at this stage yet

attachment.php

attachment.php

My car just after i had it lowered
attachment.php

Custom window tint i did (got demon design from internet), hand cut and installed myself
attachment.php

Custom door banner i designed, cut and applied myself
attachment.php

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
nice dude! welcome to the vy2 ss heron white club! haha

That boot install reminds me of my old vy s pac's boot install, the setup is similar

not sure on the tint design, but its different. Amazing things those vinyl cutters! Have a few at work :) (i work in the signage industry)

Whats the plans for this one? Stereo only car like nic92's? or all out performance, looks and sound?

xCalliba

EPICVN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 9C1 5.0L, VN 'S' Pack project, VY S2 5.7
not sure on the tint design, but its different. Amazing things those vinyl cutters! Have a few at work :) (i work in the signage industry)

Whats the plans for this one? Stereo only car like nic92's? or all out performance, looks and sound?
Thanks mate. Yeah im not sure about it either tbh haha. This design is not in vinyl though, its actually window tint, a red fader film. And i hand cut it, not with a machine. Ive been window tinting for 11 years and i just wanted a challenge really, so i did this. I made it a bit too big i think, it might not stay yet.
The door banner i cut with our vinyl plotter though, its only a cheap ass Puma II brand, but it does the job for little things.

Im happy with the current stereo system in it now, might upgrade to competition quality speakers in the future, buts its aim isnt to be a showcar, just for my benefit really.
Looks im happy with, might change a few things like a custom front grille im working on, and a few color coding things here and there, but not much.

As for performance, im saving to take it to the boys at MPW in melb. Throw a snail setup in for some get up n go!

nice looking SS.
any idea what exhaust you've got?
Cheers! Unsure about the exhaust in detail tbh mate, the headers and system were on it when i bought it, and a mechanic has just told me it has Pacemaker Tri-y extractors with 2.5" High flow cats. It does have a really nice note though!