Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 SV6 - 'Check Powertrain' caution

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the car is under warranty dont go unplugging things if you dont understand, take it to get it fixed by someone who knows what they are doing.

JanetSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ignition
Mine's just come up with the same warning. Rang Holden and advised not to drive if possible. Have another option so that's ok for now. Has anyone else had their car in for this warning and if so what was the problem causing it?

JanetSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ignition
Had mine in today and was told it was only a software issue which has been updated. Will be interesting to see what happens.

JanetSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ignition
Got the same warning come on again Wed. morning. Took her back in again in the arvo. Ran a scan told it may be software or a wiring problem. Still safe to drive. Can't get her back in until Monday (partly due to my schedule with tafe) Then they have to do more tests. Good now I've got no car for my 1 day off. yay fun

JanetSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ignition
Took her up to Freo today (about 150 km round trip) she's running really rich. used nearly half a tank normal would be about 1/4 . per 100km started at 14 for around town by the time we got home was on 12.2. that's really bad. bet they dont give a rats ass about the fuel I've wasted when they told me she was ok to run and they knew where I had to go this weekend. Damn them. would have taken the VL out for the run but the fuel pumps are on the way in her atm. Had to get her towed home on Monday arvo. No win situation atm.

Last edited:

JanetSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ignition
O2 sensor replaced. hope all else is gonna be good too now

sv6_driva

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ 3.6 SV6 Commodore
Oxygen Sensor

My Oxygen sensor (left side of block) **** itself at about 25k and gave this warning on dash. Replaced under warranty and fine now. Seems like a very common problem!

itsonlyme

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
yeah happened to my parents got it replaced within a day under warranty then it came on again so took it back and it has come on again since