Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 VE SSV - Optimise bluetooth microphone and motion sensor bypass factory DVD f/S

bradando

2lts? = Milk and Juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Manual
dudes i have some questions which the auto sparkies amongst us may be able to help with.....

everyone is pissed with the standard microphone for the factory bluetooth in their vehicles... ive had enough and want to change the bastard out to something with more sensitivity or at least is half functional... Anyone done this retro fit with some hardware they can recommend?

Next

DVD Player - front screen only works in a stationary position (yes i know saferty feature) but i dont want to pay the $400 scrills for the motion sensor modification to the wiring harness... anyone tackled this before and succeeded in isolating and bridging the signal wire to the motion sensor?

cheers..

Brad

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
Video in motion lock is done by writing software code to the head unit there is no signal wire it's all done through the gm LAN so paying the 400 is the only simple way to do it unless u know how to read EPROM chips and can find the vim code

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, LH Torana / LSA / VE E3 HSV interior
cheaper options out there - just look

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Yeah, definitely much cheaper options out there.

I got my IQ unit programmed by DoubleDip, and got RSE, VIM, Rear Speakers (My IQ unit was from a Ute, so the rear fader was not activated) and reverse camera all enabled for a couple of hundred, as well as having the latest IQ firmware flashed whilst the unit was with him.
If you don't look around, you can end up paying close to $1000 to get all this enabled else where.

I hope this helps.

bradando

2lts? = Milk and Juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Manual
zerone / dd,
man i have looked fckn everywhere and cant find **** other than a schematic on the wiring harness and pin potitions which dont get me is handy but not a VIM work around! can you please be a bit more specific or PM me the details?

Cheers
Ando

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Hi Bradando,

The IQ unit gets the vehicle speed, (and the cars VIN number, outside temperature, door open/close status, and possibly hundreds of other messages via the Single Wire Can Bus).
The easiest way to stop the IQ unit obtaining the vehicles speed (so as it does not know when the vehicle is moving) is to remove the SW Can Bus line from the IQ unit.
But in doing this, you are also going to disable your HVAC controls, the unit wont power On or Off with the ignition key / door open, steering wheel controls will be mostly disabled, and the cluster will not display any IQ messages.

The ONLY other way (and the ONLY) proper way is to get the unit programmed via Tech2 / TIS2WEB, by someone that seriously knows their way around Tech2/TIS2WEB, and knows how to massage the data before it is uploaded to the IQ unit.
Basically, if you want to do it yourself, your going to need some serious cash for a Tech2/TIS2WEB programmer, and then spend some serious time trying different methods to get things working.

Or you can do what I did, and say F@#k that, and pay someone else to do that for you.
(Unfortunately you pay to play so to speak).

bradando

2lts? = Milk and Juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Manual
Yer I'm happy to pay someone mate - I'm fluent user of many software applications and also an auto mechanic by trade so I hear what your saying.. I optimise holdies in VCm suite so I know the complexities involved though I ain't paying 400 scrills for a VIM flash... Enough of the crap anyway we're not dealing coke here so can someone PM me he details of a member who can help here? Or I'll send to Sydney... Wanted to keep It local

Last edited:

bradando

2lts? = Milk and Juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Manual
anyone changed out that piece of crap microphone which comes with the standard holden bluetooth / hands free? Im still hunting for a suitable peice of hardware... think im getting close