Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

22400 car service : 2006 SV6 VE ?

White beast 2023

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
Had my first service with my car only 2 problems

Front brakes

And front shrut

Guess that is great outcome glad there wasn't lots of problems.

Kind of knew the brakes would need to be changed, I was hoping to cover via warranty but they only do electrical only not maintenance so now I have to pay it myself , it's going cost $1060 to fix both problems,which I can just afford.

White beast 2023

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
Its that time of the Year again My service is due very soon, Does anyone know if the spark Plugs needs to changed at 240,000Km Service , as i just found out earlier today as i need to get My Car serviced highly like after Easter.

Also I highly likely will finally Getting Engine mounts finally replaced and 4 new Tyres.

I recently Changed My Oil in January so Hopefully not a long list of items to be fIxed i Hope

White beast 2023

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
Just got new tyre's for my car yesterday I ended up doing the whole car , it was really needed as all tyres had very bad handling on the car so glad I got them all replaced, the replacements costed me $945 with 1 tyre for free ,saving $315 on 4th tyre.

Next Friday is worst of everything the service :(:eek::oops:

White beast 2023

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
I just got the report back from my service just before I only got couple of things that I need to get fixed compared to my previous service. Thank God.

Back Brakes
small Coolant Leak (which they have fixed one of them)
one of high beam globes was out (which they fix)

i will be picking her her up tomorrow glad i don't have major problems with this service but i know the next one might be alot diffferent.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I just got the report back from my service just before I only got couple of things that I need to get fixed compared to my previous service. Thank God.

Back Brakes
small Coolant Leak (which they have fixed one of them)
one of high beam globes was out (which they fix)

i will be picking her her up tomorrow glad i don't have major problems with this service but i know the next one might be alot diffferent.

Should be fine as long as you keep the servicing up to it.

White beast 2023

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
I just got the full report from getting my car back from earlier today,

I will need to replace the back brakes virtually straight away, as they just told me it usually needs to get done which i will be getting done in the next couple of weeks and apparently something about the coolant also which i'll I'll be getting the most important items done first And worried about other parts of the car that needs attention later on

But I am extremely happy about the service that I got that I didn't have a huge amount of list of problems with the car.

White beast 2023

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
Just fixed my car. with the water pump and all these other things that needed to get replaced which cost me $700. over the past week and a half, I've had to fill up the car with water to keep the car going until I was able to fix the water pump, Just glad my car is finally back to normal, Now that the water pump is finally being resolved, I can concentrate on the final item, which is the back brakes which be done Next.

White beast 2023

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
Shaight after I get my water pump fixed the back brakes start making noises :oops:, a few days after I got the car back ,the temperature on car has gone back to normal but some times goes up but goes back down again , anyway I'm going get the brakes fixed tommmorrow as that noise is really annoying, as i got the front brakes done on previous service but not the back brakes.

White beast 2023

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
I've just finished fixing my car over the whole month of April, pretty much of. spent close to $4000. fixing my car with a lot of things as I've just got a gut feeling the previous owner of my car didn't really do much with it and I've just had a mountain of things to fix with worn out things such as brakes, front and back , Water pump tyres and the list goes on, but I still love the Commodore as this is my far , the best car I've ever owned and driven in my life, I just wish the car that I bought didn't have so many problems since the previous owner.

Luckily for me, I have been able to get personal loans to cover the costs of fixing this car over the previous month or this month. Now I just have to work a lot to pay it all back. and hopefully I don't have to service this car for the whole 2024 Again.