Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 with blower finally tuned only 210rwkw

blown vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vl v8
Torque performance was the only place that were interested mate. I tried everywhere even on here no one interested not helping out. Robin was really good in my opinion. Time was straight forward and in good time.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
The guy I bought my wheels off had his stroker tuned by rob, he said it went really well but drunk way to much gas so he sold it. Not sure whether to point blame at the tuner for not getting that bit right, or the owner for only giving Robyn one day to tune it (I would have left it there for a couple, minimum)

On another note, my stroker has 2less rwkw and 100 less rwNm.
Your problem is with getting rpm out of the combo to make the horse's.
Is it your exhaust? Your ignition? Your intake? Or your valve train holding you back?
Find that, find out why, and then you should hit your 250rwkw target.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I wonder if you're running out of injector capacity, What fuel rail pressure are you running?

Get hold of Mr Torque Performance and ask him what the maximum injector duty cycle was when they tuned it.

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Sta blowers are not massive power houses but should make more, however i have made as low as 220rwkw on one dyno and 260 on another. Your manifold is fine as with forced induction the bananas are not as limiting.
Dynos are a tuning tool, what brand dyno was it? To get a true hp figure u need engine dyno.

But one thing doesnt lie, the quarter mile, fire it down and see what mph you run. Much truer indication of power. I have had a peanut swear his blown 6 makes 300rwkw. Meanwhile i can overtake him slow down and do it all over again. Its simply a bit of paper with a number on it.

blown vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vl v8
The guy I bought my wheels off had his stroker tuned by rob, he said it went really well but drunk way to much gas so he sold it. Not sure whether to point blame at the tuner for not getting that bit right, or the owner for only giving Robyn one day to tune it (I would have left it there for a couple, minimum)

On another note, my stroker has 2less rwkw and 100 less rwNm.
Your problem is with getting rpm out of the combo to make the horse's.
Is it your exhaust? Your ignition? Your intake? Or your valve train holding you back?
Find that, find out why, and then you should hit your 250rwkw target.

I'm gonna check the valve train I think. To be fair when driving on the road up to 6k rpm it feels smooth and sounds fine. Maybe being on a dyno it's loaded up more or sonethings different.

blown vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vl v8
Sta blowers are not massive power houses but should make more, however i have made as low as 220rwkw on one dyno and 260 on another. Your manifold is fine as with forced induction the bananas are not as limiting.
Dynos are a tuning tool, what brand dyno was it? To get a true hp figure u need engine dyno.

But one thing doesnt lie, the quarter mile, fire it down and see what mph you run. Much truer indication of power. I have had a peanut swear his blown 6 makes 300rwkw. Meanwhile i can overtake him slow down and do it all over again. Its simply a bit of paper with a number on it.

Good point I'll get my new lsd sorted and give it a run and see

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
popping out the exhaust would be either rich as or needs the spark plug gaps closed down a bit to let it rev out cleaner or your valvetrain is out of control and pumping up the lifters.played with a few 304 turbos around the 314rwkw at 10-12 psi and the centri chargers normally make storming topend rpm power so your issue will be capping its potential shame you arnt closer ide have a look ive had robins customers come from as far away as huntly for retuning LOL

blown vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vl v8
I'm leaning towards the valve train as he did say the engine sounded harsh over 5ķ

blown vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vl v8
Running standard rocker gear and push rods. I did have to shim all the pedestal to get the correct lifter preload.