Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

470kW LS9 Commodore is happening.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
$165 buys a lot of car, my money wouldnt be spent on a holden. They should have made it 110 or 120. LS9 crate motors are only 25K

Pricing hasn't officially been announced yet, so as far as we know it will be around $110k-$120k. It all really depends on the engineering that needs to go into it as well as any other goodies that they decide to add that aren't available on other HSV's

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
$165 buys a lot of car, my money wouldnt be spent on a holden. They should have made it 110 or 120. LS9 crate motors are only 25K

That's a better way of putting it. Take note Koothrappali.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!

That's a better way of putting it. Take note Koothrappali.

WTF? I agree entirely with what arronm says. $165k buys a lot of car and my money wouldn't be spent on a Holden either... A slightly higher price point than the GTS it would make more sense. You could always buy a second hand SS, SSV or SSV Redline and drop another $30k - $40k on it for a LS9 crate motor plus extras to still come out on top!

Stop with the petty insults and threats. They're nothing more than the sign of a weak minded keyboard warrior. Disagree, fine. But wake up to yourself.

Hertz Donut

Reaction score
Members Ride
Beastmode VS Equipe
I wouldn't buy it. If I wanted 470kw+ I'd start with a used LS1/2/3-powered car and spend thousands getting there, and still have tens of thousands left over to buy something that actually will appreciate in my lifetime, like an RB-series Skyline GTR. Without a racing pedigree I'm just not that interested, and I bloody love Holdens (for what they are).

Unless it came with a decent tow pack of course. Then I'm in like a robber's dog.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
It's not about having a 470kw thrasher. Make no mistake - the car will dip a little in value initially only to head north again relatively quickly (ie. within 10 years). Very few of these cars will see any meaningful km after the first year or 2 of their lives, if at all. There is no doubt that you can probably go faster for way less but that is not what this car is about. That said, I'd consider it for a work hack :p

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Thing is this WILL be the last Commodore so it will be an instant collectors car, you won't have the same issue as the W427 did.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
It doesn't matter if we'd buy it or not, if it is too expensive or not, these will be sold out before we even get a chance to decide to own one or not!

For $160,000 I'd have a C63 any day of the week but the commodore will appeal to plenty of people who want bulk horse power.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I think it's a sign of the times when local production is about to cease because the cars being built here are less and less relevant to an increasing percentage of buyers but the final year of production sees an emphasis on cars that are even more irrelevant.

Would I, a true lover of Holdens, buy one? Nope.

But then I wouldn't spend that sort of money on ANY car. Even if it was affordable.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
they'll be half price in a few years. :D

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
i have the feeling its more of a final money grab for HSV the company will fade in the coming two years, so 80-90g profit per GTS-R times 250 quick = a quick twenty million than close the doors sounds like a good business decision to me