Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5 litre Manifold vacuum hoses X 2

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Hey guys.

On the 304 / 5 litre, there are two vacuum hoses that come off the back of the manifold, both are somewhat skinny hoses. As far as i am aware, one goes to the fuel pressure regulator, and one to the MAP sensor (correct me if i am wrong please).

Now, one of those hoses connects on the left behind the manifold, and one on the right. The one on the left is split where it connects. My question is, how hard are these hoses to replace, can i just use normal vacuum hoses that you can buy from Supergay Auto, and how long are both these hoses roughly?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
they usually sell them per metre and a metre each is enough, to remove the old ones use a stanley knife or other razor and make an insition at the joint, before removing grab one end of the old hose and one end of the new and attach with tape, why? so when you pull the old one out it pulls the new one through the tight space saving a lot of Fn around.
hope this helps

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Make an insition where the hose connects behind the manifold and at the other ends?

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
incision. i.e.: cut it.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I know what an incision is dude lol.

I was asking WHERE to make the incision.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Just stick new hoses on :), and the ones that run to the front of the manifold, replace those while you are there

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Yeah i replaced the one that was split as i found some spare vacuum line in my garage that was the exact size i needed (about 1mm by looking at it), it's the one that connects closest to the fuel rail at the back of the manifold. I'm guessing that's the fuel pressure regulator line.

The one that WAS on there had basically fused itself to the connection at the FRONT of the manifold, took it a bit of fart arsing around but managed to gently chisel it off from around the connection with a small flat head and a ballpeen hammer. Came off as easy as i could want.

My idle seems to be good now, but i don't understand how replacing the fuel pressure reg line can fix my idle? I would have thought the MAP sensor line would have been the one responsible. I'll need to get down to Supergay Auto for some slightly bigger line for the MAP sensor one anyway.

The one line was that brittle, it snapped clean in my fingers with a tiny bit of pressure.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I cant remember off the top of my head which ones the fuel pressure line but I thought it was one of the two at the front not the back. Anyway no signal to the fuel regulator will totally throw the fuel pressure and fuel ratios out the door (obviously) and change the way the car runs, map sensor also

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
One line runs from the back of the manifold where it connects, down to the front and connects there. Standing at the front of the car, it's the hose that connects on the left side at the front, it also connects left side on the back. The one on the right connects at the front of the manifold on the right connector, then runs under the manifold also, and hooks up at the other end with the sensor.