Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

9 Tips On Installing Car Stereos

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Note to all VP owners...

If you had the same problem as i did, which im sure you do, you dont have rear speakers! this made me angry, so what i did is just ran new wiring, its not that hard. i emailed eurovox and got the wiring diagram which i am happy to email out to anyone who needs it so that you can install your stero. The rear shelf as far as i know is installed before the rear windscreen is put in, so it makes getting the thing out really hard! the way i did it was stupid, i cracked it....by accident and then just bent it in the middle and pulled it out, once screwed back down it didn't matter much but it was stupid none the less. advice for that would be to try and remove the rear window if possible or contact local holden dealership or audio install professional.

Hope that provides light to a VP owner somewhere! :)

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Actually, if you removed the back seats, you would've found that the parcel shelf will slide out....no need to remove the rear windscreen at all......I must admit though. That is quite funny.....

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
really? VPs came out with no rear speakers? back seat takes about 2 minutes to rip out. would have thought there might be wiring chucked behind there somewhere cos id imagine other variations of the model may have has speakers there.

my camry had no speakers on the shelf but the wiring was neatly attached to the plate behind the seat. i guess the better models had speakers.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
vlv8vic..the Camry....Do you mean I pull out the seat back rest and thats where the wiring is hiding? I'm planning on dropping a pair of 6"s into the rear of the wifes 91 Camry.

Sometime.....
Soonish?....
Perhaps....
Better things to do first!....
Stealth VL....mmmmmmmm

!_E-VL_!

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
mine were actually tucked under the parcel shelf. entry via boot and were clipped to the steel shelf. the connections (female i think) were already there. there were actually 3 plugs i think, left speaker,, right speaker, and the other might have been boot light as i dont have one of them. all looked the same and saved a shitload of work!!! will need spacers im sure you know that!!!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
why use spacers when you have a pair of nibblers? ;)

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
nibblers to trim the shelf? is that what nibblers are? the holes werent my problem they were stacks big enough, it was the rods for the boot under the holes that teh speakers were sitting on. just.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Hmm....time to pull out the 9mm MDF then I think. Might go under the carpet and make a new shelf.....spacers make me sick.

stock_vl

wh internationals?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais 3.0L
good work ppl.. with the aghhh 10 tips?
my mate works in melbourne at "commcorp" instal like some uper class uhf crap and seem to do like police car and taxi instalations... got him to steal some quality wires, and the 40% lead and 60% tin wire stuff for me =)

its all going great sooo far! woot!

i believe the bloke before me had an amp... everything for me is well setup and i just need to carpet my boot as i made it all custom for me =)

good luck ppl..

oooh
just to pretend im smart
tip
#11. make sure you know where all the peices come from once you pulled everything apart =(