Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Solved - AC will not turn on, needed re gassing

ThatsGuy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hi guys,

VE SSV 2007 ute, worked perfectly last time I drove it, now when I press the AC button nothing happens and it keeps saying AC OFF on the main display.

Can't hear the compressor clicking on, and air is obviously hot. No error codes at start up, any ideas?

I did wipe the dash down with cleaner the other day maybe there's a sensor or button I knocked? Everything else is fine, belts are new (I get the abs off error once in a blue moon tho). I tried resetting by holding the window button for ten sec and it did do something, resetting all vents or something but zircon still stays off.

Thanks

Last edited:

whats up

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Hi guys,

VE SSV 2007 ute, worked perfectly last time I drove it, now when I press the AC button nothing happens and it keeps saying AC OFF on the main display.

Can't hear the compressor clicking on, and air is obviously hot. No error codes at start up, any ideas?

I did wipe the dash down with cleaner the other day maybe there's a sensor or button I knocked? Everything else is fine, belts are new (I get the abs off error once in a blue moon tho). I tried resetting by holding the window button for ten sec and it did do something, resetting all vents or something but zircon still stays off.

Thanks
Had the same thing happen to me driving on a dam hot day
After enduring the hot and windy(windows down) drive home I pulled the fuse,checked it and it was ok
I put fuse back in and hey presto It's working
So I really don't know what the,but it's all working since.
I say if it aint broke then don't fix.

ThatsGuy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Had the same thing happen to me driving on a dam hot day
After enduring the hot and windy(windows down) drive home I pulled the fuse,checked it and it was ok
I put fuse back in and hey presto It's working
So I really don't know what the,but it's all working since.
I say if it aint broke then don't fix.
Where abouts is the fuse? I thought if the screen and all functions were working then that indicated the fuse is ok...that said, I could not locate an "ac" fuse... there are diagrams online but I'm not sure which one to pull.

Thanks

images

images

whats up

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Where abouts is the fuse? I thought if the screen and all functions were working then that indicated the fuse is ok...that said, I could not locate an "ac" fuse... there are diagrams online but I'm not sure which one to pull.

Thanks Try F2...........2nd left of the circled fog lamp

images

images

Thanks

images

images

ThatsGuy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Update for info in case anyone has this problem and reads the thread - just needed re gassing. Easy fix.

Happydaze

Happydaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE T30
Easiest and cheapest place to start, good result!

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Just regassing? If it needed regassing it has a leak which they should have repaired.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Not that much it won't.

ThatsGuy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Just regassing? If it needed regassing it has a leak which they should have repaired.
Yep there was a little nozzle or something that had sprung a leak where it gets filled up which they replaced.

Cheers