Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ACTUAL VE Pre Launch Spy Shots - Library

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Here's some pictures from another website (from the same set SSV8pilot posted)

Last edited:

ssv8copilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S-Pack
Rumor has it that the VE will be in show rooms late July, ready for sale in August. Not far off, keep those pics coming.

cliffo78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline, VL Exec, VY Berlina
I think the car you are mistaking for a hatch simply has the rear 1/4 window taped over to further detract from it's styling to make it difficult to predict what the VE will look like. I spotted an uncamoflaged one on its way to Lang Lang yesterday morning, it only had the "car bra's" on the front and rear, and the SS vents taped over. Unfortunately I dont have a camera phone, so sorry, no pics!

Without the tape it is a nice looking machine...

ssv8copilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S-Pack
Whats this??

I found this picture on the net, to me it looks like a VZ, but i cannot explain the 4 exhaust and the writing on the bumper.
Possible VE Engine under VZ shell?

Attachments

• veorother.jpg
    veorother.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 503
R

RKZ234

ssv8copilot said:
I found this picture on the net, to me it looks like a VZ, but i cannot explain the 4 exhaust and the writing on the bumper.
Possible VE Engine under VZ shell?

The writing on the bumper is often seen on Holden Engineering evaluation/test LHD vehicles. This pic could be of a Test Mule with a 6.0 V8 under the bonnet.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
It's not a fake, that image of the VY is real, also note how the front wheel arch is slightly flared.. it's a test vehicle, and for them it's easy to whack a different shell on top.. much less crying out for everyone to look at than chequers.. although it's a very old picture before they had VE shells :p

Alternatively (more likely): Could be preparing the 6.0 litre because they knew 2006 would come and they'd have to fit the thing to the VZ to be compliant with emission laws (VY and VZ are the same thing :p)

R

RKZ234

Juzza, I think your alternate answer is right. It's certainly a VY and I'd suggest it's one of the very last ones judging by the rego, as the first VZ's in Vic hit the road with plates early in the series starting with T.

ssv8copilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S-Pack
Gone Quiet on here. Holden have begun the run-out sales on the VZ range by releasing the SVZ range.