Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Afm delete

lacey-jay

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6 ss supercharged
Hi guys I've got a ssv redline wagon with afm. Have 1 ticky lifter so I've purchased a afm delete kit. Can I keep standard l77 cam in or does that have to be changed. Very confused and stressed. The performance shop just said do the afm delete and lifters and he will do the ecu tune. Cam upgrade next year but I've been seeing posts that I need to replace cam with afm and some saying not. Help.

Woodsy104

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore SSV Sedan
Hi guys I've got a ssv redline wagon with afm. Have 1 ticky lifter so I've purchased a afm delete kit. Can I keep standard l77 cam in or does that have to be changed. Very confused and stressed. The performance shop just said do the afm delete and lifters and he will do the ecu tune. Cam upgrade next year but I've been seeing posts that I need to replace cam with afm and some saying not. Help.
You need to get a non afm cam (like the L98 cam) or an aftermarket cam, both will require a tune (since you need to get the afm disabled in the ecu)

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
If you’re planning to do a cam upgrade anyway then your best to do it all in 1 go, a bit of lifter tick isn’t the end of the world for the time being obviously depending on how bad it is I’d recommend putting some nulon lifter free in your oil

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
If you’re planning to do a cam upgrade anyway then your best to do it all in 1 go, a bit of lifter tick isn’t the end of the world for the time being obviously depending on how bad it is I’d recommend putting some nulon lifter free in your oil
Lifter tick isn’t the end of the world, lifter squeak on the other hand is the end of the world.