Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aftermarket VK EFI ECU's

Lonepine

Reaction score
Members Ride
1984 VK Commodore Executive
Hi all.

I've had dramas with the EFI ECU's in my stock VK. I've been through two units in as many years and wondering if the units are available after market or is there someone who can recondition the old ones.

I will try and get hold of another second hand one but I fear that too will only give me limited life.

Ta
Kevin

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
http://www.injectronics.com.au/ will rebuild one for you goto repco super cheap or bursons to deal with injectronics . I have a greenstickered ecu here that I brought of ebay a couple of years ago that was supposedly rebuilt by injectronics that I never used I 'd sell you if you wanted it ,i'll bet you have a red stickered ecu I've seen a few red stickered ecu's fail never a green stickered one

Lonepine

Reaction score
Members Ride
http://www.injectronics.com.au/ will rebuild one for you goto repco super cheap or bursons to deal with injectronics . I have a greenstickered ecu here that I brought of ebay a couple of years ago that was supposedly rebuilt by injectronics that I never used I 'd sell you if you wanted it ,i'll bet you have a red stickered ecu I've seen a few red stickered ecu's fail never a green stickered one

Thanks

When I bought the car, it had an orange one. I don't think it was the original because it looked a little banged up and the loom had duct tape on it. That one failed

I managed to find a green one from Upullit about 18 months ago and now that has failed. I got another second hand orange one today but I just don't have a lot of faith in them now.

I contacted injectronics and they directed me to Repco. The units are still available on a change over basis. But yes, I'd be interested in having a spare.

On another note, is there a particular reason why the fuel pump fuse would burn out? It is 25A and partly melted the plastic in the fuse box before blowing out.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
On another note, is there a particular reason why the fuel pump fuse would burn out? It is 25A and partly melted the plastic in the fuse box before blowing out.
did the fuse holder melt? I guess it was a loose fit old and slightly streched

Lonepine

Reaction score
Members Ride
did the fuse holder melt? I guess it was a loose fit old and slightly streched

Yes, it melted a bit. And my bad, it is only a 7.5A but I put a 25A in the other day because it was dark and couldn't read the specification

However, took the 25A out and replaced with the 7.5A and it blew straight away. I have a 15A in at the moment and that seems to be holding but not fit for purpose. I guess a trip to the auto electrician is on the cards

20170212_091056_zpsdyjcf28z.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20170212_091056_zpsdyjcf28z.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
off to the wreckers and find another fuse rail would be nice. I threw away a couple of vk fuse boxes when I moved house they were that popular at the time i couldn't give them a away . When you find a replacement or if you start wiring in inline fuses don't exceed the rating you now know what happens when you do. You must have a short some where weather its a wire down to earth or the fuel pump or something else is anyone's guess unplug all the efi stuff ecu ,extra air valve, airflow metre ,coolant temp sensor, fuel pump ect and try putting the correct rated fuse back in and see if it blows if it doesn't plug things back in 1 at a time until you find whats causing the fuse to blow. You may need to bridge out the tacomatic relay while you do that .

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I should have one here somewhere. $35+post via PayPal if I can find it. Fingers crossed I still have it

Last edited:

Lonepine

Reaction score
Members Ride
I should have one here somewhere. $35+post via PayPal if I can find it. Fingers crossed I still have it

I managed to find one at Upullit which they didn't charge me. I found an Alpine CD player in another vehicle and they threw the fuse rail in for free. Got to be lucky sometimes. Getting it fitted later this week

UNLEASHED

Choose your weapon...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE2 CALAISV/ VXSS/VP SENATOR #021, K4 GSXR600
so what was the result? might help for future reference for someone else??

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
so what was the result? might help for future reference for someone else??

The result was he got an ECU from a wrecker. Really doubt he kept looking after that.

A quick google turned up this - http://www.fueltech.com.au/trade_computers.html

I've used Injectronics for an ECU test before, but it ended up not being the issue I was chasing so can't really comment anything useful on them really.

Last edited: