Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Bus A320 crash

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
another Air Bus has crashed , an A 320 has gone down in the French alps, from the German carrier German wings , a Lufthansa subsidery , there were no survivors from the 150 passengers , but the black box has been recovered .

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Been following this incident, very strange indeed.

according to this site " Germanwings co-pilot appears to have deliberately crashed plane".

Debris at the Germanwings crash site.
By
RobertWall IntiLandauro
PARIS — The co-pilot of Germanwings Flight 9525 appears to have deliberately crashed the plane after he was left alone in the cockpit, according to a French prosecutor.

The captain was intentionally locked outside minutes before the A320 crashed into an alpine mountain ridge, French Prosecutor Brice Robin said Thursday. Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz, a 28-year-old German national, could be heard breathing throughout the plane’s descent and was alive at the point of impact, according to the prosecutor.

Robin’s initial conclusions are drawn from the plane’s cockpit voice recorder, recovered at the crash site in the French Alps late Tuesday and analyzed by French accident investigators on Wednesday.

The co-pilot’s actions during the final minutes of the flight could be interpreted as a “willingness to destroy this aircraft,” Robin told a news conference in Marseille.

The voice recording, which lasts over 30 minutes and includes the crucial last 10 minutes of the flight, contains screams believed to be from passengers once they recognized the plane was crashing.

Strangely, I just went to the Caribbean this passed week. Flew on an A319, A320 and A321; same craft, just different cabin lengths. What I found odd was the ride; they were rough and feels like the pilots cannot find the right trim setting (felt like a DC3). If you close your eyes and feel the seat to check the attitude you can feel a slight and constant Yawing. , during aproach, the yawing is worse. I do not work on Airbus but I heard through the grapevine that American Airlines mechanics they said that is not a maintenance friendly craft. Also, they say the build seems to be cheap. I can vouch for that. The Fit, Form and Function is very cheap. On the A319 that I was on, an overhead light fixture (reading lights) few rows down was coming loose; you can see a good gap. The seats had really awful armrests, thin padding and some armrest controls did not worked properly. According to a flight crewmember he said the Airline tried to get Boeing but since they are smaller carrier they were declined, so they got brand new Airbuses. If that aircraft was "new" sure they got ripped off; felt like Yugo, maybe was build in Eastern Europe in the same Trabant factory; who knows.

Anyway, the Airbus that crashed in the Atlantic and if my memory serves me well, was due to a faulty Pitot Tube. Fooled the pilots they were loosing Air Speed and the tendency is to dive to increase airspeed.

On this case, looks like the word "deliberately" can be misconstruted; also the Cpt been locked out could be standard security procedure and was unable to open the door. Perhaps dove to increase airspeed due to faulty reading.

Time will tell.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
A3xx's are a wide body aircraft, that's why it's rougher than say a 737-800 or 777, they are the fatties of the sky.

Airbus much like Embrauer were always meant to be cheaper options but it doesn't change the fact that the A320 is one of the most successful and safest passenger haulers out there.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lot of what is being said is speculation about pilot suicide , although it's looking increasingly like the likely scenario.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
A lot of what is being said is speculation about pilot suicide , although it's looking increasingly like the likely scenario.

They came up with that scenario rather quickly.......

Especially after last weeks incident involving a Lufthansa A320, that went into an uncommanded dive from cruising altitude, due to a frozen angle of attack sensor....

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Did that scenario involve the captain being locked out of the cockpit under override, heavy breathing and a failure to respond to numerous radio requests?

If it walks like a duck.....

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Surely the captain would have known the security access code to unlock the door????

Or the 'other security procedures' to get back in????

Have you actually heard the CVR recordings???

Don't believe everything you hear in the press.....

iaydemir

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Berlina
Surely the captain would have known the security access code to unlock the door????

Or the 'other security procedures' to get back in????

Don't believe everything you hear in the press.....

Yes, the captain did know the security code.
He tried to gain access using the security code, but it was denied from within the cockpit by the co-pilot (the lock was overridden as Pollushon noted above).

Below is a good video, suggest you watch it:

Last edited by a moderator:

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
It's worrying that unstable man was flying the aircraft , but signs of mental illness can be hidden by the sufferer , evidently passenger scream's could be heard over the cockpit voice recorder , as well as the captain's plead's to be let in and his attempts to open the door by force .
I'm due to fly back to South Africa soon for a couple of weeks ,it does make you think .

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS

Lol, no to be precise I haven't but unless every media source on earth is conspiring together against us I'm willing to take a chance that the quotes of the prosecutor who has heard the CVR recording were verbatim.

This is far from the first time a pilot has killed themselves and all on board.