Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Bus A320 crash

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I heard a report the black box was destroyed and the memory gone.

So far here in the USA is nothing more than reporters and so called experts talking out of their butts with speculations.

I am waiting for the official report.

By the way if the A320 is the fatty of the sky I guess been 6 ft tall and 190 lbs makes me morbidly obese :) Never been so cramped in a airplane. To me the 737 feels bigger.

Last time I was cramped in an airplane I was flying from Kenya to Somalia in a C130 with full battle rattle :D

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Below is a good video, suggest you watch it:

Do you think Airbus would list all the opening procedures in a public video? There is at least 3 other ways of opening the door.
I've had to carry out many maintenance procedures on Airbus, and Boeing flight deck doors, including opening the door when the flight crews have locked themselves out on the ground....

Lol, no to be precise I haven't but unless every media source on earth is conspiring together against us I'm willing to take a chance that the quotes of the prosecutor who has heard the CVR recording were verbatim.

There's the problem, the prosecutor making statements like that before anything 'official' has been released by the BEA investigators....

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
On these Airbuses the cockpit door has a mechanical and/or electronic lock?

I wonder how the story is going to unfold. If the aircraft is to blame is going to be devastating for Airbus. I would not be surprised the pilots will be the ones to blame. On this airplane the Pilots does not flight the airplane, a computer does; the pilots tells the computer what to do. I said that because if my knowledge is correct, the A320 is a flight by wire system; no direct linkage from the pilot to the flight surfaces. Is not the first time the computer overrides the pilot commands. Some time ago during an airshow, an A320 crashes in what it looks like a forrest and the pilots could not do anything about it. The computer took over and plowed in to the trees. The other one was the Air France Flight 447 crashed in the Atlantic; just dove to the ocean.

I think, on these airplanes could have a computer/code glitch and/or a sensor/s giving fault readings that makes the aircraft do weird things under certain conditions.

Last edited:

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Do you think Airbus would list all the opening procedures in a public video? There is at least 3 other ways of opening the door.
I've had to carry out many maintenance procedures on Airbus, and Boeing flight deck doors, including opening the door when the flight crews have locked themselves out on the ground....

Yes locking themselves out on the ground means there is not a conscious person in the cockpit to override the entrycode to stop you from gaining access. If there was a "secret" way to get in that information could easily be sourced by a terrorist organisation, for that reason there has to be an override in the cockpit. AFAIK that video is correct.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
a report has has been released from a German hospital about the Co-Pilot being a patient there , no details were given , but it seems that his state of mind may have been in question , torn up sickness notes were found at his home also , but as yet no suicide notes have been discovered .

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Still looking and have not found anything conclusive. Each report that read or hear is one of those "what if.." type.

About tore up sickness notes does not mean much, could be for anything; but I see on what direction they are leaning now.

My gut feeling tells me and will not be surprised the pilot is going to be the one to blame.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Still looking and have not found anything conclusive. Each report that read or hear is one of those "what if.." type.

About tore up sickness notes does not mean much, could be for anything; but I see on what direction they are leaning now.

My gut feeling tells me and will not be surprised the pilot is going to be the one to blame.

Exactly , a torn up sick note means nowt , but I tend to lean towards the pilot being blamed as well , if his state of mind is in question more so , as an example of how depression can be a hidden illness , a former colleague back in South Africa , committed suicide , there were no signs that I or anybody else could see that he had a mental illness , in this case clinical depression , it was a shock when we arrived at work and were each taken aside to be told that he had taken his life , but later were told by his wife and family that he was under going therapy . It's a silent but very real illness .

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Trouble is you NEVER REALLY know what the other person is thinking.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I don't know what you guys are reading but on YouTube there are numerous videos of the interview with the french prosecutor describing the cvr recording as he heard it. Sure there needs to be an investigation but the evidence is already damning. The cvr was recovered as operable, they're designed for this ****. I know the conspiracy theorists are strong in this forum but seriously?