Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Conditioning Advice

ufo8mycow

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VF
See post #206 a couple back.
It seems that this is becoming normal now with the age of the vehicles.
You need a new solenoid and here is a pic of where it is located belowe the radio.
The black box with the 5 holes in it.
GetAttachment.jpg

SW

Does the Solenoid for the Ac have a Part number or, Specific name don’t want to sound stupid saying i need a new solenoid for my Ac and they look at me stupid.

pursuit_special

Legal Expert
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 1996 Series 1
i just bought my VS series 1 sedan, it has no air coming out the dash outlets, just the floor ones.... and it also has no cold air , i was told it needs regas. but i dont get it, how did the gas escape, does anyone think these two problems could be related, what is the most common cause of gas leakage? i really cant be bothered with this i heard there are so many problems with the air con in VS;s

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
If the AC isn't operated at least once a week (preferably twice) all year round then the seals in the pipe joints dry out, shrink and leak.
There is a pool of oil in the compressor that is circulated when the gas is flowing (AC on) and keeps the seals moist and swollen.

Jorgo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0 Ute
Does anyone know where I should look to check the heater vacuum hoses in a vs 5.0L ute? My heater seems to be staying on all the time regardless of the heater knob position. Cheers

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
You people are going to love me.
I have done a search.
I saw a thread on somewhere I hope it was on here.
About replacing you fan assembley without taking out the dash.
As in cut the pipes and some mob has the replacement with some type of joins.

whitey152

cruzen
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 vs berlina
hey just a quick question was running aircon im my car the over day turned it off turned car and igniton off and it was still blowing air wtf

so i disconected the battery and it stoped so i checked fuses they were all good so went into the engine bay and the fuses or relays next to the relay box? took the blower one out and it stoped any ideas? thanks

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
hey just a quick question was running aircon im my car the over day turned it off turned car and igniton off and it was still blowing air wtf

so i disconected the battery and it stoped so i checked fuses they were all good so went into the engine bay and the fuses or relays next to the relay box? took the blower one out and it stoped any ideas? thanks

Being a Berlina it will have climate control, and the cause of your problem is the fan amplifier is buggered. It sits in a compartment under the plastic where your windscreen wipers are. New one is about $160 for the genuine Holden part. You could try your luck at the wreckers, but its a bit of a lottery as you could buy one and it could die the next day...

adzy_5l

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt clubby R8
i hace a vs clubby and besides the ac unit were your left knee may rest is burning hot i its hot all the way into the foot wells this happens both wen its on cold and hot