Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

jeza101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Haha, i did the exact same thing to an ecotec engine cover last week, its just black for now as i want to put it on the car to see how the bog holds up. If it doesn't crack i will go ahead and airbrush it.

DSC01537.jpg

Holdendude, another great bit of work :yeah:. What type of clear do you use? it looks really nice. so far i have just been using clear from a can, but looking into acrylic, enamel, or iso-free 2pac. Any ideas on what would be best for backyard airbrushing jobs. thanks

holdendude

ŞuρξЯŞ†★Ř
Reaction score
Members Ride
*AL4SHO* VR Commodore
Unreal work your doing mate, keep it up ay

Thanks mate, will do.

Haha, i did the exact same thing to an ecotec engine cover last week, its just black for now as i want to put it on the car to see how the bog holds up. If it doesn't crack i will go ahead and airbrush it.

Holdendude, another great bit of work :yeah:. What type of clear do you use? it looks really nice. so far i have just been using clear from a can, but looking into acrylic, enamel, or iso-free 2pac. Any ideas on what would be best for backyard airbrushing jobs. thanks

Looks nice & smooth :D Thanks mate, the clear i'm using is 2pak the brand is 'Glasurit' expensive stuff but work pays for it :) But for a backyardie (even though it's illegal :p ) 2pak would be the go, remember you get what you pay for, but Metalux make a good cheap clear.

looks very kewl. very H.R Geiger-esque

Thanks ari :) one question, who be him? haha

holdendude

ŞuρξЯŞ†★Ř
Reaction score
Members Ride
*AL4SHO* VR Commodore
Oh right haha never heard of him before :/ Looks quite awesome to me :)

jeza101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I have finally got around to doing some more airbrushing work.
This is the engine cover which i filled/sanded the text and lines off, i think it looks a lot better without them.

P1030055.jpg

P1030056.jpg

My computer mouse with some flames. and yes, i do sometimes struggle to find things to paint :idea3:

P1030033.jpg

I have recently finished airbrushing a helmet, now i just need some better weather so i can do clear coat. Then soon a ls1 engine cover will be in the works, just need to decide on the design.

jeza101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I had a go at spraying the helmet with my new acrylic clear, i think it turned out ok. I'm happy with the back section as it came out smooth from the gun, but the rest of the helmet has lots of orange peel on it.
The pics show the clear before being sanded/buffed back flat
The helmet is made for watersports, so that is why i chose the bright orange colour scheme

P1030067.jpg

P1030066.jpg

P1030064.jpg

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
looks wicked mate. Very talented.

holdendude

ŞuρξЯŞ†★Ř
Reaction score