Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

All warning lights come up

EVL253

i hate cops!
Reaction score
Members Ride
cranky black VB SLE
we had this similair problem with a VT at work a few weeks ago. replaced the bcm and didnt fix it. playing around with the tech2 found it wouldnt communicate with the abs module.replaced that at some ungodly cost (we had to refund the bcm as it werent the problem) and its all fixed

D

darbyian

VX Gen3 All panel lights on engine stalls

Hi Dr Bob

I am having a similar problem ,engine stalls , wont start for 5 mins , then everything is fine. Also hard to start when cold and low rough idle ,power light goes off ,then fine
after warmup. No codes logged at the ECU except " no data communication
with the body control module".

Have cleaned the IAC valve , cleaned all sensor connectors etc.

A very fustrating and sometimes dangerous problem. Only 58,000 on the clock.

Does this sound like the ABS control module.???

B

Bob Devers

I own a 1998 VT Acclaim and I have had the ABS and Trac Off lights coming on about 70% of trips. I have just had this problem fixed by a mechanic who simply cleaned the point contacts at the wheels and made sure they were a firm tight fit. Apparently these points set off both lights if they are not a good contact. I had previously had the ABS module replaced and this did not solve the problem.

N

NickW

Now Much !

My VT Calais has just been diagnosed with exactly the same problem, the only difference is that I was quoted $1600 NZ for the replacement part from a Holden dealer in Auckland. Is this the normal price or is there somewhere where I can purchase the ABS computer module at a cheaper price.

SHIFTA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Caprice
VQ Caprice

Hi all,

Also have similar problem (but no ABS).

Get the Engine Management System light flikkering most of the time, and very rarely the temparture light (even on cold starts).

Twice when I washed the car got almost all lights flashing, though fixed itself up.

Also climate control doesnt seem to be working (no heat).

Will get auto electrician to have a look at.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Cheers

J

Johnny_H

Similar Problem

My ABS light comes on now and then, but after turning the car off for a few seconds and then turning it back on the problem stops. My aircon has also stopped working. Could it be a smaller version of this bigger problem???

Johnny_H

RubiXcom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
I have a 1998 VT Calais 111kkm's with same problem. The ABS light alone comes on for a sec and then Traction Control, followed by Power Trans and sometimes by the engine light and aircon. This usually happens while driving and lasts between 1-5minutes and then everything goes back to normal. Engine completely shut down on one occasion (luckly not on freeway).

I took out both ABS fuses and now the ABS light and Traction Control stay on all the time. The engine, power trans and aircon warnings still come on very briefly while driving but only stay on for about 1 second. Could it be that other serial bus problems cause ABS to crash and take down the whole bus down for 5minutes?

Went to holden dealer and paid $55 for them to tell me that the ABS needs replacing at the cost of $900. Wouldn't listen when I explained to them that the problem persisted even without the ABS... Don't tell us how to suck eggs and all such crap. They told me they performed a diagnostic on the ABS module. But I now wonder if they have the tools, the knowledge or the expertise to do that properly or if they just read the error code from the BCM and decide that the ABS is stuffed.

Ironically, I used to work at the testing department at Robert Bosch (the makers of the ABS module). Too bad I never considered sneaking away with the schematics and test plans for the ABS module.

michael629

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
VT Calais Warning Lights

I have the same problem, all lights come on,ABS, air con, cruise control, traction, and others stop working, did any one finally come up with a fix on this problem, as I cannot afford to go down the pay, as the dealer experiments with your car fault finding technique.

B

brettois

I had similar prob with my vs berlina, turned out it was a burnt wire on back of alternator. all lights where flashing car runnin up to crap and so on.lecky told me the whole car wasnt getting enough power to run everthing. dont no if this will help but good luck!!!

Misaprop

black betty
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Replaced the ABS module on my old V6 VT Calais for $900 and fixed the same problem. that was at 180k and they gave me 2years warranty on it