Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec 190, Performance Issue?

Owned

VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Engine Mods:
• MCAI
• K&N Air Filter
• XForce Twin 2.25" Cat-back Exhaust
• XForce 200cpi cats
• XForce Extractors
• Castle Hill Custom Performance Tune

IMG_0356.jpg

Now sombody please explain to me how this dyno reading makes sense, with the above completed mods and it being an alloytec 190?

Maybe there might have been something wrong with the dyno? But it's weird, i remember when i was getting the tune done, and the car was on the dyno, Dale said this is one of the best power gains we have seen from an sv6, he also said it made like 230kw at the fly!? Could there have been an error with the dyno??

My car always did feel, and go a little harder than most other sv6's that i have overtaken. There is no way my car has lost power, especially since i bolted the full x-force exhaust system onto it.

Idk, im very interested in hearing comments and thoughts on this topic, this has got me quite stumped....

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Firstly the Alloytecs are a hit and miss motor so the power figures vary a bit (This is what Dale told me when i got my tune done)
What power did it make before the tune?? Also 201HP at the wheels is about 200kw at the flywheel not 230kw... Best way to see the real performance is at the drag strip mate not overtaking other VZ's.
For reference my VZ SV6 made 193HP at the wheels on that same dyno with only a VCM tune (No other mods)

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
as torana said...

wheres the before and after result?
if che didnt give you one, ask for it... no reason they shouldnt be able to give you one... (the sheet, not just the hp figure tho)

vzCAL415

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais (Alloytec 190)
when i had similar mods i got a similar HP reading and ran a 15.07 straight off the street (ie with the 20's on and nothing removed from the interior) which isnt a brilliant time but its not bad.

take her to the strip and see what she does. a wise man (impulvesv6) once told me, "HP isnt everything"...

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
I'm at 150rwkw, 490rwnm torque. Up from 130rwkw.

Mods:

Custom 2.5" single cat back
Tune
Hacked a small extra hole in my airbox so it sounds wicked :p

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I fitted a 2 1/4" twin into 3" single to an 05 SV6 with the only other mod a K&N air filter, the car made 192.9 rwhp.